Lets see some spurs

DaveHawk

These are Easterners for you western boys. Next Saturday is the opener for Va.

Attachments

• IMG_5622.JPG
    IMG_5622.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_5623.JPG
    IMG_5623.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_5624.JPG
    IMG_5624.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 303
Nice...A pair from Texas and a pair from CA on my cam's! I'm chasing a couple now that are close...

Attachments

• Tx Spurs.JPG
    Tx Spurs.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 302
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
haven't got any real ones ....yet :cool:

Attachments

• cowboy-boot-spur-200-011111.jpg
    cowboy-boot-spur-200-011111.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 286
Wow, those are some awsome hooks! It seems that everybody gets excited about beard length. To me, the spurs are the real measure of the man.

Called my first one in today. Just had one of those boxes and started making hen sounds. He came 200 yards across an open field. I can see how this could be additictive. They were making all kinds of racket today.

One of my longbeards from South Dakota last year.Decent spurs for a Merriams,but nothing like some Easterns.

Attachments

• DSCN6456.jpg
    DSCN6456.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 244
First ones from eastern NC; an old swamp boomer. Second shot from Sloans Lake Park in Denver; found it protruding from the ground by the base of a silver maple. If any of you western historians recognize the style, I'd love to know some history.

Attachments

• spurs.jpg
    spurs.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 206
  • spurs 002.jpg
    spurs 002.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 200
Merriam's get some hooks once in a while too. My wife shot this one last year in CO. The short spur is 1 3/4" and the long is 1 7/8" Beard is 9 3/4"

IMG_0426.jpg

TsGobbler-1.jpg

Looks like the last one, you shot in the foot?

You would think LOL. I was in the process of cutting the spurs off when I was interrupted and just have not got back to the job yet.

I like the white's on them Merriam, that is a nice bird. Hope you all do good this year.

Last edited:
If you really "need" a Merriams, let me know and I can hook you up with a friend in Meade Co, SD. Beautiful pure white birds. It will cost you around a thou for 3 1/2 days of hunting, room and three meals a day and all transportation including pick up in Rapid if you fly in. Booked up this year.

Nice work Jezz, too bad there isn't some corn, any corn within 10 miles of these cottonpickers!
WD

If you like pretty and funtional working calls, check out www.heirloomgamecalls.com
Brian is a DIYer call maker....handicapped Nam vet, survivor of both heart bypass and brain cancer---tuff bird....he will even put your own pic on your pot call if you wish. Check out page 119 of the Mar/Apr Turkey Country mag. He is a one man operation in his garage in Houghton LA. Great friend and guy!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back