Left over tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sagesniffer, you mention about all the tags being sold. This is the first I followed Wyoming tags but don't they sell them all every year anyways ? Or is this not normal

Goat

I'm not positive but I think this is the first year in awhile that the buck tags have sold out. It seems like in years past even when the season opens there are still quite a few tags left. I was surprised to see them go so fast. But I guess there's a lot of people out there just like me who love antelope hunting and want to do it every year.
I'm sure it will still be a blast to hike around the Wyoming prairie with my rifle and a GPS in hand. Even if it is a little crowded.
I wish the best of luck to everyone with a tag this year!

Yep, and a clerk to pay the fines too, LOL!

I doubt any tickets would be issued.....get off as far as your able and you would be alright. Been there,done that... in fact on my bull hunt i will.be using the parking lot myself.

Yep! I try to keep crap off the Forums, unlike the last two posters, and just put up helpful posts unlike some that just like to post BS like the previous two posts! I hope none of the NRs listen to this BS about not getting a ticket if you park along the Interstate Highway system inside the fence lines. If you do and get a ticket, just remember that Ole Topgun was trying to be his helpful self as always and then go see the other two posters who I'm sure will be glad to pay your expensive tickets for parking in other than an emergency situation like the signs say, LOL! OR you could do like the last poster. Cheat and put your vehicle hood up with a flag on the antenna to make it look like your hunting adventure is an emergency situation like he said he does in another post about this! For the life of me I don't know why anyone, especially a NR of a state where they have no idea how strict or lenient what we're talking about is, would even think about taking such a chance! Good luck to those who do!

Last edited:
Three of us will be hunting 16 during the second week of season. Hopefully it won't be to crowded then.

Three of us will be hunting 16 during the second week of season. Hopefully it won't be to crowded then.

My guess from hunting out there every year since 1999 is that there won't be anywhere near as many people hunting after the first week of most seasons anywhere out there. Even down in Region G on our deer hunt last year where I heard nothing but comments about how crowded it is we only saw two other guys on horses together the last day of our hunt, which actually started on 9/20 and the opener was 9/15. I do read a lot of people now saying they are going to skip the openings, but I think it still represents a small percentage of the overall tag holders. Good luck on your hunt!

Thanks. It will be our group's first hunt out west. Going to be a long ride from pa but can't wait.

You guys should do good because you'll get out of your truck and walk around unlike too many who only shoot from the truck

Yep! I try to keep crap off the Forums, unlike the last two posters, and just put up helpful posts unlike some that just like to post BS like the previous two posts! I hope none of the NRs listen to this BS about not getting a ticket if you park along the Interstate Highway system inside the fence lines. If you do and get a ticket, just remember that Ole Topgun was trying to be his helpful self as always and then go see the other two posters who I'm sure will be glad to pay your expensive tickets for parking in other than an emergency situation like the signs say, LOL! OR you could do like the last poster. Cheat and put your vehicle hood up with a flag on the antenna to make it look like your hunting adventure is an emergency situation like he said he does in another post about this! For the life of me I don't know why anyone, especially a NR of a state where they have no idea how strict or lenient what we're talking about is, would even think about taking such a chance! Good luck to those who do!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID35/3926.html

Hunted 16 last year. Very fun country to hunt. Didn't find anything big like what Buzz shot, but did see antelope on public every day after walking in off the drivable roads.

I hunt 1.5 - 2.5 miles from the truck at home and lose people at a mile. I'm going to apply the same thing out there and hope to be a bit away from everyone.

Goat

Yeah that's our plan. Hike in deep and get away from the roads.

They shitty thing about that unit is that you hike back in 2-3 miles on BLM and there's roads everywhere. LOTS of natural gas development in the area.

Is there other people driving and hunting those roads ?

Goat

There shouldn't be many back in there unless they own property back there or have paid a landowner to access that BLM through the private stuff back there to the west that is landlocked.

I guess I will post some BS too. I had an area I wanted to access in WY that was only accessible from the highway (without going through private land). I called highway patrol to tell them what I intended to do and they said no problem just to call back on the day I was hunting and let them know when/where and they would let the officer on patrol know.

Topgun,

How many pronghorn tags have you drawn for unit 16? How many days have you spent hunting there?

As for the highway parking I guess I'll make that decision when I get out there. If I see a lot of people doing it and there is a spot I want to go then probably I will. For the record I see it in PA on route 81 and 476 every deer season a lot and have never seen anyone getting a ticket.

Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back