Left over tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAGOAT

I picked up a left over unit 16 tag this morning, now the planning begins. Looks like a good bit of ground to walk around on. What leftovers did everyone else get ?

By the time I got there 16 was already history. Too bad, I had been eyeballing that unit. Might pick up a 22 though. I know the access can be deceiving but still worth a try I think.

I also picked up a unit 16 tag. Before they went on sell there were 175 tags available. All sold very quickly. Plus the ones that went in the draw. Looks like it might be crowded!

Yes I'm thinking it will be crowded especially with the Saturday opener. But I think leaving in the dark and getting off the road, say start at a mile or so there should be less people to contend with... anyone staying at the Koa campground in buffalo or camping on blm ?

Goat

I only hunted 16 for about half a day on a leftover tag.

It was about 10 days or so into the season, so I don't know what the pressure is like early. I saw quite a few bucks, nothing real great. I shot this one on BLM that I accessed via a WIA, I was the only person hunting it.

Found this one and figured good enough for a leftover tag.

IMG_3989.JPG

A friend and I are going to try getting doe tags in 16. If we get them we will be archery hunting the first week the season opens. Never been out there but for the price of a couple doe tags its worth a shot.

Thanks for the picture BuzzH. I'm excited but worried that it will be to crowded. with only a few access points and that many people with tags. But I will have all week Monday thru Friday to hunt. So I guess I shouldn't worry so much.

Sagesniffer, you mention about all the tags being sold. This is the first I followed Wyoming tags but don't they sell them all every year anyways ? Or is this not normal

Goat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back