Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Left handed 280ai

Scott85

Anybody got any leads on a left handed 280AI? I might be in the market..... If I do pick up a left handed rifle I’ll have a Remington Mountain in 280 for sale.

Unless it's shot out why not just rechamber what you have?

My guess is that it is a right hand Mountain Rifle. I bought a Remington 700 Ti several years ago. I sure wish it was left hand. I subsequently picked up a left hand 700 LSS in 30-06 with the thought of replacing the barrel with a lightweight 280 AI barrel and then setting it in a lightweight stock. I haven’t got there yet. Maybe next year.

Edit - JLS is faster on the keyboard than me.

The mountain rifle is right handed. I’ve found a left handed 280 on more auction site but for 1,700 I’ll just get a left handed 7 mag ridgeline.

cheaper than dirt and many others have bare left hand actions in stainless for a good deal. You could build a really nice rifle for less than that 1700. I've been thinking of getting one of those actions to build on.

Probably because it's right handed?

That Mountain Rifle .280 is one SWEET gun. If it goes on sale it'll go fast.
Looking at the Christensen arms Mesa in 7mm mag; you think I’ll regret moving away from 280?

Looking at the Christensen arms Mesa in 7mm mag; you think I’ll regret moving away from 280?
Man that’s a hard one to answer. Guess it really depends on your highest priorities? Weight? Recoil? Velocity?

Man that’s a hard one to answer. Guess it really depends on your highest priorities? Weight? Recoil? Velocity?
I first fell in love with the 280 because it was different. I like a sub 7 pound bare rifle. My longest range I will shoot is 300-400 yards tops. The biggest selling point me is just being left handed. I want this gun to be a lifetime purchase and my go to rifle from whitetails, pronghorns to elk and caribou with the possibility of using its for the big 3 if I ever draw a tag.

New Ultra Light Arms offers their model 24 in a left hand option.
Not cheap, but almost full custom for the price, & with a weight of 5.5 lbs.

I bought a used one in 280 Rem. With Sightron 4-12X40 + sling is just under 7 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back