Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Last WY antelope for 2010

BuzzH

Went out this weekend to try a new unit with my 2nd buck tag. I found a few antelope, but I can see why there are still tags left in the area. It was pretty tough hunting, with lots of antelope on the private, but the limited public was pretty sparce. Having never been to the unit, I wasnt sure what to expect, but I kind of figured it wouldnt be real easy.

I finally located a good buck feeding in a grassy draw. I made about a 1 mile stalk and got to 150 yards or so. The wind was howling, so I got a good rest and made the shot.

Fairly tall one that prongs off high.

IMG_3984.JPG

One with my rifle and the new sling I've been using since bear season:)

IMG_3989.JPG

Stopped on the way home today and shot a couple does. This first doe I shot at 398 yards and got it on video. Taking video and hunting at the same time isnt easy, but it is fun.

IMG_4006.JPG

Doe number 2 shot a couple hours later. I had a nice sized herd walk right to me and I shot the first doe in line. I thought she was still in the video frame, but after the fact, found out she was just out of it. Easy shot at 120 yards.

IMG_4008.JPG

Thats it for antelope this year, but already looking forward to next season.

Very cool buck buzz. I'm curious to hear how high those prongs are... real interesting buck.
Congrats

Very nice Buzz! Nice looking tall horns. Tried scoring it from a noob perspective... 82? (edit: That a bit high for a score? seems length has a great + to this one... though - like I said - noob wishful score, I suppose)

Last edited:
Congratulations Buzz! You must have a TON of antelope meat in the freezer! Going to be good eats all year I imagine.

nice job on the lopes. I take it you have changed your stance compared to last year when you were pretty harsh on taking long shots on lopes, good for you if you have found the merits of great marksmanship.

Back