Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Laramie area processor?

Gone Fishing

Looking for a processor within an hour of Laramie, WY. At a bare minimum I'm going to need to pay freezer fees since we would be flying meat home.

Looks like there are 3 still in business and taking wild game?

Reliable in Ft Collins, CO
North Park in Walden, CO
Laramie Range in Wheatland, WY

Rainbow Meats should be in business, only one in Laramie.
Maddox Meats in Medicine Bow, haven't heard anything bad about them but haven't used them either.
I would talk with anyone in Colorado first as stated above, CWD concerns. It is however taking an animal from one CWD area to another, Colorado has it also. Antelope should be no concern though.

pm sent

Maddox was fine, did a deer and elk for me. Pretty quick, and I thought did a good job, only found a couple hairs in around 200 lbs. of meat. Expensive though.

Another option if you debone yourself, is buy some dry ice to toss in the cooler with it. It'll freeze solid quickly, and you can remove any remaining dry ice prior to checking into your flight.

There's a few in Cheyenne as well, Prairie Wind Meat Cutting and a retired butcher who does it out of his garage. I've used both in the past before I started processing my own game. I'll still use one of them if I get into a bind. Neither one has a website and both are by appointment only, if you are interested in processing in Cheyenne PM me and I'll pass their numbers along.

Rainbow is pretty good. They accidently gave a pile of my meat to someone else (an honest mistake when they explained it) so the owner drove 2 hours to get my meat back and they gave me my processing for free. It out added a day to my wait. If I didn't move to a place with a garage to process my own, I'd use them again.

I would highly recommend North Park meats in Walden. Good product, fast, and shipping company goes anywhere. I know they get a lot of wild game animals from the Saratoga side. I'm almost positive there is no regulations bringing things across the border, PM me and can give you more info and the the different wardens numbers on both side of the line.

There are no restrictions on moving whole antelope out of Wyoming, as they are not susceptible to CWD like deer, elk, and moose that have strict requirements.

I might try the dry ice as an experiment down here in FL on some fresh deer meat. Archery season is just opening in South Florida. Bucks shed their velvet a few weeks ago and have been chasing. Here where I live in Central FL, we are still in velvet and bucks are in bachelor groups. Crazy state huh? Whitetail bucks could be breeding from June to February.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back