KS Longbeards

Summitthunting

Just got back from Kansas and had a blast. The birds were still in large groups and didn't respond well to calling or decoys so it became a waiting game. We set up on travel corridors and waited them out. Ranged at 40yds, arrow entered between the hip joint and spine and came out a couple inches below his beard. He went about 10yds before piling up. This is my third bird with a bow and I don't think I will ever go back to a shotgun. Not the biggest bird but we worked hard for him and I have another tag so I might go back. If I do go back I'm taking my three year old son to sit in the blind with me.

Turkey2011 084.JPG

Turkey2011 087.jpg

Turkey2011 091.jpg

These birds are hard on broadheads!

Turkey2011 097.jpg

My dad shot his bird on Saturday morning and it was close. When he first shot the bird was less than 6ft off the end of his barrel. He missed! The second shot at 10yds did him in, a nice bird.

Turkey2011 106.JPG

Congrats on the birds. I just got back from Kansas today and had a blast. We passed on a bunch of Jakes and I missed on a Tom. Tons of birds up there but we experienced the same as you, nothing responding to the calls.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back