Yeti GOBOX Collection

koyukuk moose outfitter

koyukon

New to this forum and I just wanted to let folks know that I will be providing outfitting and guide services for the Koyukuk draw areas in unit 21-d. for your information Charlie Green just told me recently, he is no longer providing such services. Most hunters don't know but I have been doing it since 1993. I think the reason people aren't aware is Charlie and others have charged less than I. But you get what you pay for. No one spends as much time in the area, or has as many resources available within the hunt area. As a result of the draw I have not been able to book enough clientele wishing to be guided. Being a registered guide I can rent equipment at our private property in the area. Our cabins are also part of the deal. I live here and trap the Koyukuk in winter. I believe the area is seeing a decline in moose numbers. There are still plenty but If we can't keep harvesting wolves like during the 80's. (200 - 300 out of Galena alone:):D) It's gonna turn into just another area with average moose density. We only got 3 last winter. I seriously doubt many will be taken this winter. After the devastating flood last spring, we have no time. I'm still trying to build a new home. So it's my guess that within 3-4 years it will just be an average area.:(. At any rate, good luck with the draw. Even if you are not interested in using our services don't hesitate to contact us. We try to keep abreast of as much activity in the area as possible, just to keep conflict to a minimum if nothing else.

Great to see that somebody is taking up the void of Charlie leaving the biz up there. He had expressed this to me this past fall while I was there and I was wondering who may step up. I would be interested in more info you can send me a PM if that is possible. Thanks!

Wow I had no idea Charlie was quitting. I do not like hearing that about the moose there either. I wish I had read this before I applied - ah well. Maybe I will get REALLY lucky and finally draw.

Please send me an email with your contact info, I want to do a DIY moose hunt up there solo or with 1 other person. I am interested in a few of the draw areas in that area.

[email protected]

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back