PEAX Equipment

Kids and I

Delw

Went up looking aorund for some archery deer ( I didnt bring a bow, I was just looking for the next few weeks.)
we headed up north to unit 10. after about an hour we decided to make a quick run up to unit nine and see if we could kill some yotes and kids wanted to see the lopes.

I spotted a herd about 800 yards away and the kids decided they wanted to put a stalk on them and see how close they could get. ( the kids would be my 2 little ones Anthony 12 years about the size of Claudia and claudia 5 years)
so anyhow we sneak with in 100 yards, they see us and just stand there then all of a sudden bolt right at us till about 30 yards. just stare at us for like 10 mins.

This was the first Time claudia has ever been up north. Shes only seen a deer from a boat. She was going nuts.
so after 10 mins I figure dtaht would be as close as they would get 30 yards not bad for dad with 2 hyper kids....

they busted off and ran away so we started walking back to the truck good 3/4 mile away. Anthony and claudia decide to race back to the truck( you know kids) I looked back and the whole damn herd of lopes was running right after them. 2 about ran me over. the kids would stop the lopes would stop kids would run lopes would chase them. it was pretty cool to see, the lopes were 30-50 FEET ( not yards but feet) behind the kids while they were running back to the truck.

I got a few pics but I think its time to get a new camera cause this one takes some crappy pics all of a sudden. with no zoom some times they come out blurry.

we saw close to 80 lopes in 4 hours. Not bad for unit nine.

I have a few pics of some that we saw while walking on the R&R tracks, the lopes never cared that we were there. too bad I couldnt take pics like miller cause they would be awsum. will post in a few.

this was the herd they snuck up on
Img_1965.jpg

These are the 2 lopes that about ran me over chasing the kids
Img_1966.jpg

heres some pics we took from the tracks
Img_1969.jpg

Img_1971.jpg

Img_1968.jpg

Img_1967.jpg

The only reason I can think of is that the kids were small and trotting around while I was walking so maybe they thought we were lopes? I have no clue kids did have white and brown colored clothes.

I was kinda hopeing someone would tell me, the picture of the 2 lopes those 2 seemed to be the ones that kept the herd around the buck, one or 2 lopes would break free and those 2 would kinda herd them back.

Twister I really dont think the lopes were being agresive. I am thinking they were trying to herd them up or just play.. Besides I had 14 rounds in my 45 ;)

I can see it now Anthony and Claudia's archery antelope guide service. Sounds like they had a great time and have a story for their friends. Pretty cool you got it on film. I bet it would have made great video also.

Congratulations Del! You have just discovered a new way to deke antelope. Take a hyper kid and let'em go tear-assin' around. Voila' the antelope run right in.

You'll be giving Buzz and his "Sleep your way to trophy elk" a run for his money in no time

great pics Del. Pronghorn do some crazy things. I've had them respond very well while predator calling.

Haha...that's great Del!

Shame you didn't have a camcorder with you!

BTW...did you ever get that digital camcorder that you wanted so bad???

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back