PEAX Equipment

Kenetrek Rebuild

ERSS

Anyone sent their old boots in to Kenetrek for the $150 rebuild?

Mine could use some new soles. Wondering what others experience has been with this service.

Just had my Kenetrek pac boots rebuilt back in January. The fee was $125 + shipping, I believe. I dropped them off at their HQ when I was passing through. Four week turn around time, they quoted me 5-6 weeks. The boots I got back had new rubber bottoms, reconditioned leather uppers, new liners, new laces, and new leather tongue. Basically a brand new boot. Very happy with the service.

I pulled a D-ring out and was wondering if I should send mine in. 15 yrs and only problem I have ever had with them. Soles are even still OK.
10 times the Sorrel boots I have had since 1975......

Just had my Kenetrek pac boots rebuilt back in January. The fee was $125 + shipping, I believe. I dropped them off at their HQ when I was passing through. Four week turn around time, they quoted me 5-6 weeks. The boots I got back had new rubber bottoms, reconditioned leather uppers, new liners, new laces, and new leather tongue. Basically a brand new boot. Very happy with the service.

Just the info I was looking for, I expected this was the case. Thanks, will be sending in a pair of Hardscrabbles soon

I have sent a few pairs of boots in, last time I sent some I told them not to put new footbeds in and not to do new laces, that saved a few bucks. I also had them do a Vibram sole, I don't mind the Kenetrek sole but it is a softer robber so it seems to wear out a bit faster for me. I do hunt in really rocky terrain though.

I have also heard good things about this guy: http://www.davepagecobbler.com but I have never sent anything to him.

I had a D ring come out, and I bought mine from Carter's shoe repair in Bozeman. Who are Kenetrek's repair shop. Back to mine, when I calked them they said they would do a same day turn around on my repair! And they did, no cost. I also ran into the co-owner of Kenetrek the wife at the Sheep Show in Reno on our shutter bus of all places. She asked if I owned a pair of the boots which I do a told my my repair story! She replied with a smile that they pride themselves on taking care of there customers! As you can read I'm a happy customer.

Awesome to hear fellas, For some reason they just dont seem to fit me right though.

Amazing...sounds like a pretty good deal to get them redone. With all they redid on them...I wonder how much breaking in a person has to do compared to when they bought them originally?

Amazing...sounds like a pretty good deal to get them redone. With all they redid on them...I wonder how much breaking in a person has to do compared to when they bought them originally?

Plan on the same break in as a new pair - that is 3rd bar stool down info from guys that I know that have had it done, not personal experience. They have all been very satisfied with the rebuilts.

I did not do anything but wear my Kennetreks when I bought them new. They were perfectly comfortable and after many hard miles, are still the best boots that I have ever worn. They are the 13-inch Grizzly pacs. Quality footwear is easy to break in.

When you say new rubber bottoms, do you mean the part around your foot that tends to crack out or do you mean new soles? I ask because my rubber is cracked and leaks now but my soles are still good.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back