Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Toyota forums?

So I got new old wheels and tires today. Finally.
Pre-runner 16" wheels and Cooper StMaxx tires. 265/75R 16's .

Got a hold of a mechanic buddy in Alb., he's ready. He has a place nearby and will take it there and back.
New suspension parts and shocks. Brakes if needed.
Rebend rear springs and add a leaf. 2 month wait.
New bumpers. Light strip.

Next year engine and and anything else that it needs.
Had this truck 23 years now. 338,894.

Can't afford new one but I can have a better one.
Hanks Tank.
All flat black and satsuma red. resto mod.

if you get shocks foir it,,stay away from skyjacker "black max"shocks,,they are junk,i blew mine out in 10000 miles/1 year/ with my 2020 tacoma,,just got done putting icon add a leafs in the rear with bistien 5125 shocks and 1" blocks//very pleased now///i spacered the front up 3" and run 285/75/16s on it

I came up with that just writing the post, but perfect. "Hanks Tank"

Original idea was ORD where TRD is on TRD's. "Old Retired Driver"...lol.

Take the chrome plastic letters off. Paint the rippled plastic chrome grill black. Or paint the Tacoma SR5 black .

Bilstein 5100's will level it once the springs are done in back. 1" higher than stock.

The Tacoma World forum is great once you bypass the aholes...the over 50's and 60's folks are cool. Great 1st gen. and over 200k mile clubs.

I have no idea of what a JDM engine is. I'll check.
I don't want superchargers.

When I got the old gal she would blow by a line of semi's on hwy 41 like they were standing still...LOL.
I need 18 1/2 more years out of her...LOL

My mech buddy is all in.
He's most grateful for the tip on Habitat Enhancement Program for e-plus...
He has a great alignment rig. Big shop. Builds engines...everything. See's something not right and fixes it.
His wife is a peach, killer cook and her mom is the best.
Old school. You always wind up with a plate and fresh tortillas when you visit.
They built their dream home down here and visit every weekend. Insane racks and mounts.
Guy knows everyone who works. Gets great trade outs.

When I told him about the wheels and tires yesterday he just said,cool. "Let's do this, that's a great little truck"
I told him I had seen some bulls locally and he has a guy with a unit wide tag..."Cool" he said.
Plan B for them.
Bull hunt this weekend.

Cool.
6 inches of snow out now. Tacoma is white this morning in the moon.
Test drive the tires. Rub the old adobe off the wheel wells.

Just remembered, I need new chains.

New JDM engine, or just some engine work?

The new ones will never look as good as the first gens. Keep that pup going.

Post up a pic of your tank wearing its new wheels in some NM scenery!
Oh yeah, I put one in my old 82 @ 400k, headers and tuned exhaust....

Hank, what is the body rust status of the Tank? My 2 1st gen trucks rusted at the horizontal seam of the bed.
JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. Supposedly their strict emissions law requires engines be replaced after reaching 40K miles, creating a surplus of low mileage lightly used engines for sale. I found this article:
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/s...s are driven 40,000,the roads at that mileage.

Hank, what is the body rust status of the Tank? My 2 1st gen trucks rusted at the horizontal seam of the bed.
JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market. Supposedly their strict emissions law requires engines be replaced after reaching 40K miles, creating a surplus of low mileage lightly used engines for sale. I found this article:
https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/ssts-0664-buying-used-jdm-motors/#:~:text=Japanese motors are driven 40,000,the roads at that mileage.
Mine is rust free. Frame and body. Lucky.
Faded paint on top and earned pinstrips down the sides. A few small dents.

I looked up JDM and I got one of those for my old 82. Good engine.

I'm leaning to having Amador just rebuilding mine. Complete.
I'll see him this weekend and he'll take it for the suspension stuff next weekend.

Test drove the new wienies. Great.
They fill the wheel wells. Solved when it goes up a bit. It rides 1" higher now.

Filled up the truck at Jerry's. Asked if we were square.
He said "You get 5 new Cooper tires. 4 alloy,1 spare rim. Back in so the kid can switch that spare to a Cooper."
$1550

Heard U can switch out Toyota seats...Camry bucket? LOL
Naah, the old bucket/bench with canvas covers work fine.

Leaning towards a no brush guard front bumper now. Won't bounce an elk...LOL.
Few choices for a 1998.

All set and it will be trailered into Alb. and taken to the welder/spring bender guy, who my mech. knows. He'll take it over and back to his shop.
Gives him time to wrangle all the other parts needed.
News wheels and tires are great.
Looks great.

So is "Hank's Tank" going on the windshield, back window, tailgate, wind deflector, big letters down the sides? 🤔

Just logged back into Tacoma world to check what would someone do with my older Tacoma, I want to rebuild it with some new parts. Mentioned I had been offered $16k for it recently and I get asshat know it alls who would have taken the $16k and bought 2.....where in what world?
Just wanted lead for suspension ideas besides jack it up and put giant tires on it.
Any one know a place for solid advice?
Even the F-150 online folks are not just dicks.
Put a complete Icon on my TRD OR Tacoma and am happy so far. Prob got about 2.5” after settling and ride is way better than stock Bilsteins.

All set and it will be trailered into Alb. and taken to the welder/spring bender guy, who my mech. knows. He'll take it over and back to his shop.
Gives him time to wrangle all the other parts needed.
News wheels and tires are great.
Looks great.
I forget the shop that did my springs, likely the same place. Xterra springs had gone soft, they heat treated and added a leaf. Place started as a blacksmith shop back in the late 1800s or very early 1900s.

I drive the Xterra off and on just to remind myself how much smoother a log wagon would be. No more bottoming the shocks....

David
NM

Just logged back into Tacoma world to check what would someone do with my older Tacoma, I want to rebuild it with some new parts. Mentioned I had been offered $16k for it recently and I get asshat know it alls who would have taken the $16k and bought 2.....where in what world?
Just wanted lead for suspension ideas besides jack it up and put giant tires on it.
Any one know a place for solid advice?
Even the F-150 online folks are not just dicks.
try toyotanation.com they've been good to me in the past.

Dropped it of at my buddies place and got a tour of his new digs nearby, since I had been 2 years ago.
Loaded the truck on his trailer after we had unloaded a bunch of lumber to inside his new barn.
I forget the shop that did my springs, likely the same place. Xterra springs had gone soft, they heat treated and added a leaf. Place started as a blacksmith shop back in the late 1800s or very early 1900s.

I drive the Xterra off and on just to remind myself how much smoother a log wagon would be. No more bottoming the shocks....

David
NM
Amador knows McBride and will take the springs over and reinstall and align on his digital rig. Pure luck and good friendship.
All new underneath. Trannies will be looked at too.

McBrides did start as a blacksmith shop on the El Camino. Rebuilding wagons and now semis and trailers. Trucks too. Nice folks.

It will have 1" inch and leveled.

Picked up my Ford with a door that works. Cool. Might take the Tacoma to him to paint. Ford needs a winch.

Amador just called.

My shocks are on the way to the shop and the suspension parts are on way too.
New rotors coming. Pads fine.
It's being pressure washed underneath now.

I loaded the truck on his trailer here yesterday...Service issues? LOL

There are quality trades people still...a few.

Back