Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Keeping A Secret....

2nd to last weekend.
March in from the West.

Finally I get to hunt with a friend who was planning to be there from the beginning.
An unfortunate fall from a ladder back in July blew apart his ankle apart. Surgery, two screws, and a boot. No weight on foot until the end of September.
Welcome to hard-core, steel determination, ...full on Beast Mode.
Dude has killed a ram, goat, moose with rifle, and a 380 bull with bow in this country. He IS the man. We have become brothers.

Off we go at 4:00 on a Friday afternoon. 8 miles. By dark, it starts raining sleeting.
Unfamiliar country to me we are climbing to 9000 ft plus, on a secret trail. Headlamps . Clear a snow footprint for two tents and crawl in soaking wet. I never got warm that night. Snow / sleet all night.
Next day locked in fog. Spent the entire day in the tent.View attachment 198452View attachment 198454

By evening things showing a change. A few elk bugling.
Welcome to sheep hunting.
The suffering has to come first!

One word. Wow. I'm not a sheep guy by any means but I followed along for the adventure of seeing it through someone else. You definitely did just that. What an adventure it was! Congrats, and thanks for the great story.

Reactions: Hem
You all have been patient..
The Final Act tomorrow.
I just have to figure how to attach a phone video to the thread.
Easiest way I've found, and best for HT threads, is to upload the video to giphy. It down grades the quality slightly, but it's easy for short clips.

Congratulations! Any animal in that country is well earned. I look at those mountains everyday dreaming about doing what you just did. You are a lucky man. I am jealous.

Reactions: Hem
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back