Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Keen Focus on Lt. Kerry

"There couldn't have been all that many decorations in his hand -- six or seven -- because he made a closed fist around his collection with ease as he waited his turn. I recall him getting stopped by one ..." Doesn't sound to me like the author saw any medals!! :confused: Bottom line is this: I have seen a letter written by an officer who "served" with Kerry and essentially it says that Kerry submitted himself for his purple hearts. It also says that the incident where Kerry received the Silver Star, he actually ran in the face of the enemy leaving a comrades boat at risk and necessitating the resuce by another unit. I have not been able to vzalidate the authenticity of the letter, the source of nomination for Keqrry's medals, etc. I will! When I have this pinned down I'll post the results for you. EG I'm tired of your ragging Bush over the economy. The state of our economy is a function of far too many facets to award success or failure to one individual. So, please knock off the crap. The state of our economy is improving and you don't hear anyone here lauding Bush. I think that is because these guys are beginning to understand how things work. By the way; any truth to the rumor that Heinz is now operationg their plants off shore??? :confused:

ElkGunner aka bolo-bunny,
How is being an AFA flunky, better than being a qualified pilot. I think you have a little flight stick envy. If you didn't flunk out I owe you an appology where really a drop out. I was enlisted Infantry, then an OCS commissioned US Army Infantry Officer. Its amazing how may pretty ribbons and medals REMFs end up with. I once saw a cook get an AAM for boiling water. Really. Infantry guys fight and die without looking for glory. Not getting a purple heart for a scratch on the arm that didn't cost a minutes worth of medical attention. Begging for a purple heart to try and get your three as quickly as possible is not a war record of a hero. Going back for a fallen soldier is not heroic, it is a moral obligation to your brother. 67% of the Army in Iraq and Afganistan are National Guard. I guess thoughs men and women are just hiding from something. The WW1, WW2 and Korean wars was largely fought by the guard and reserves.

[ 04-28-2004, 16:22: Message edited by: Rogue 6 ]

OK, Moose-Man, hold me back !!!

Granted this is a political debate about the upcoming election. Personally, I believe any politician has to lie through his teeth, it’s a part of the game.

Lies are taken for face value, for the most part, by people who have a dime’s worth of brains and actually look at what is going on. Some are not.

Like I said its part of the game. I have to look at the motivation behind the lie and try to see what the end game is. I TRY TO THINK.

I’ve had BOZO Lt’s ( Sgt’s, Gunny’s, Capt’s, Col’s, Bosses, Director’s, Congressmen, Presidents). I dealt with them. I usually managed to work around them, inspite of their DUMB**S decisions.

Here goes… I hated Clinton. BUT, at least he had some smarts and was usually entertaining. I considered him a “grab everything for ME person’. In a morbid sort of way I could respect him, but I still wanted OUT!!!!!!!!

Kerry just impresses me as a spineless, can’t think on his feet, double talk, resend what I just said, I don’t want to deal with it/ pass it on to someone else, next in line political hack. And I find his sudden rise, during the primary’s very suspect……..

His “WAR RECORD” ????? Yes, he went to ‘Nam. And Yes, he was awarded medals. I know a ton of patriots who truly earned our countries honor and never got squat, five times as many who got them, and most of us just said “What the He77” ?? Granada, Panama, Desert Storm….. and not mention our current War On Terrorist.

When I watch Kerry, I see timidity. When I listen to his responses to questions, I don’t hear a clear thought out game plan. I wanna hear “ This is what I am going to do”. It just isn’t happening. Evasive, back-stepping. I’ve watched his interviews. He doesn’t do well with confrontation. Not once have I ever heard him stand up and say” Yea, I did that, and I stand by my decision, next question”. It’s always “Uhhh….Well, yeah, I voted for that, but then I didn’t support it, but now I’m saying that vote was…UHHH … not what I originally stated, when I voted on the issue”.

Listen to me carefully people… CRAP… SHINE’OLA… BS….

GW:

I will not defend his domestic practices. I think he’s gone too far in ‘pulling’ the Liberals in and making amends. But as a “Leader of Men”, I cannot say one word against the man. He says what he is going to do……. And guess what…………..At least if I’m going to get my A$$ kicked, I want to look in the bast&rds face and have him tell it to me straight!!
But, I think the man has a larger vision. He at least expresses himself as such. He hasn’t wavered on what he said he was going to do.
For me… Lt Spineless/Double Talk is someone I’ll just keep in the corner of my eye and watch my ass, sleep softly, and set out an alert watch.

I’d rather get my ass blown off with someone telling me ‘How it is’, leading the way, than get stabbed in the back by a wishy-washy spineless mumbler.

You know Gunny; if Kerry had taken the Marine option he wouldn't have survived Vietnam at the hands of his own troops. :eek:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back