Kansas Elk Application Due Friday

Ttannahill14

I know there's not many of us Kansas elk hunters on here but figured I would remind everyone the application is due Friday. It's only $12 to apply so not a huge investment to apply and its refundable if you don't draw. Tag is $300 if you draw a bull, and $150 for a cow.

I've never drawn... anyone ever get a tag and/or harvest a Kansas Elk? Not exactly sure what the draw odds are. I know a lot of military draw it.

Shhhhhhhh..................................:rolleyes:

I have known only one really and it was a cow tag and years ago. I'm still wondering how Michael Pearce "outdoors" beat writer with the Eagle got his.

Already gave Kansas my money..........what Southwind said!

Half the tags are allotted to Ft Riley assigned active duty personnel. It is a Bonus point situation for applicants and last year over 700 applied for the 25-30 usually planned for permits. If I'm really lucky it might happen in my hunting lifetime.

If either of you gentlemen strike it lucky, I'd be happy to help as much as I could.

I put in for the drawing as well. If memory serves me right, I believe preference points only go up to 5 and then start over regardless of if you are drawn. For $12 it's the cheapest preference point you're going to find though.

You do not go back to zero. You only go back to zero if fail to apply anytime during a five year period or you draw a tag.

They did change it but the way it works now is for each point you get your name in the draw. So, someone with zero points can still be drawn you just get more chances depending on how many points you have.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back