Just what you've always wanted.

Some examples:
mini-DSCN6400.JPG

mini-DSCN6397.JPG

and my fav....
mini-DSCN6406x.jpg

looks to be confiscated or road kill animals. My guess is they'll sell most of that stuff.

Every bit of it will be sold. I just went to a similar deal in Idaho, it was pretty weird. A few locals kinda hoping to buy something and a couple of the big local antler/fur buyers pretty much snatching everything up. That said lots of the antlers went below market price and it may have been possible to buy them and then turn a profit selling them to one of the big buyers. I spoke with one guy that bought a wolf and lion hide that was planning to get them rugged so he could put them on the wall at his house.

I wonder if this buck made it to the sale of shame. I didn't see the antlers in the pictures but could have missed them.

Attachments

• DSCN0796.jpg
    DSCN0796.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCN0827.jpg
    DSCN0827.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 559
does anyone else find that to be odd?? I guess they will do anything to make money

Was that one poached antlerradar? Cool looking buck..

Shot form the county road where the poacher did not have permission to hunt. One of those drive by shootings. Thankfully some other hunters that were driving by turned him in. I took the pictures the day before in nearly the same spot. I think I could have killed him with a spear. He was that rutted up.
If he had disappeared with no leads on what happened to him I would have been posting pictures all over the net looking for info.

Better than gathering dust in the back of a FWP office.

When I was going to school in Missoula I worked for a guy that had a contract to clean the FWP office there. I would definitely linger and take my time in the Warden's offices - they always had "evidence" in the form of big racks on their desks or on top of their filing cabinets. I don't know how they decide what gets auctioned off to the public and what stays at the office, but they had some pretty cool permanent wall fixtures that were illegally taken as well.

Back