Just moved to Columbus, OH

GeologistTrey

Hey all,

My wife and I just moved to Columbus, Ohio from Colorado. I am hoping to meet some fellow hunters and anglers around my age (28) and hopefully plan some western hunting and fishing trips for 2020 and 2021.

Let me know if you'd be interested!

Used to live in Columbus, my hunting partner lives there still. Fortunately I relocated way westward of Columbus.

Are you new to OH?

Welcome to the Buckeye State.
Hang on, you moved from Colorado to Ohio? Did you hit your head at an early age? Just kidding.
Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo is March 20-22 down town. We're having a OHBHA pint night on Saturday you may want to check out. Usually a good turnout and a good way to meet some like minded folks. Public hunting is tough in Ohio so get used to seeing lots of others in the field. Good places to start checking out would be AEP, Jessey Owens State Park, Egypt Valley, and Wayne National.

Hang on, you moved from Colorado to Ohio? Did you hit your head at an early age? Just kidding.
Ohio Deer and Turkey Expo is March 20-22 down town. We're having a OHBHA pint night on Saturday you may want to check out. Usually a good turnout and a good way to meet some like minded folks. Public hunting is tough in Ohio so get used to seeing lots of others in the field. Good places to start checking out would be AEP, Jessey Owens State Park, Egypt Valley, and Wayne National.

Zaleski and blue rock always treated me well.

Welcome
c.png

c.png

Ohio is a gorgeous state and offers things that the west doesn’t have; check out Clear Creek Metro Park southeast of town as it’s a place where you can find some solitude close to town and where you can start to imagine what the eastern forest might have been like pre-Columbian times. I wanted to see a Cerulean Warbler there but never did lay my eyes on one.

If you want to see true "Appalachia" (pronounce it appa-latch-uh down here lol), I'd come down to Shawnee State Forest. There are some good trails through there. Good deer and turkey too, and pretty rugged terrain. Welcome to Ohio

Welcome aboard! But I must say you'll be scratching your head wondering why in the heck you left the mountains...

Haha I might have, Dan. I plan to move back west in a year or so but I had a good job opp. here. I would love to join the next pint night or meet some folks for a beer or two! I will be attending the Deer and Turkey Expo again as well!

Thanks for the reply - hope to meet you soon!

Welcome aboard! But I must say you'll be scratching your head wondering why in the heck you left the mountains...

Haha I am already scratching my head! Moved here for a job and to be closer to fam, but regretting it for sure. Just trying to make the best of it until I get back to the mountains!

Used to live in Columbus, my hunting partner lives there still. Fortunately I relocated way westward of Columbus.

Are you new to OH?
No sir, not new to Ohio. I grew up here (should have probably mentioned that!). Where do you live in the west? I am planning a CO elk and bear trip and NE mule deer trip right now.

If you want to see true "Appalachia" (pronounce it appa-latch-uh down here lol), I'd come down to Shawnee State Forest. There are some good trails through there. Good deer and turkey too, and pretty rugged terrain. Welcome to Ohio
Thanks for the suggestion I will def check it out. I have been to yellow springs and Mohican so far. I grew up near the hocking hills so I am not too interested in checking that out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jjoner
Back