Judging an antelope

fez

I cant decide if this buck is a shooter. Some angles he looks really good, but then others it seems he lacks the mass and height to make him a great buck. Any experts out there with an opinion?

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 204
Here is another picture. Thanks and good luck to all this year

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 201
Great looking cutters, plenty of height and hooks look good. If your straight looking at numbers, I think he will fall below 80 inches. I want to say ear length is 6 inches... and eyeballs are roughly 2 in diameter...

I've never been a trophy hunter, I have always shot the first buck that made me excited and apearred to be a mature age. If you like the way he looks then pull the trigger. Cause you never know if you pass on him if someone else wont.

Not a trophy hunter here. If you like him and he looks good "chootem". I'd be firing lead at him. He has a cool shape to him.

good luck to all
the dog

I've never hunted antelope before but he looks decent to me also. I think if I can find him again I will take him. Anyone think he scores 75+

Went on my first lope hunt this past weekend and took a nice doe. Saw a TON of bucks, thought about the differences and then at the end of the day saw a joker so big he made me go "DAMN!!!" Antlers made his head look tiny. The guy I was hunting with is a seasoned lope guy and said he thought it was 17-18in....Just a monster, body include.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigElk
Back