It's Whitetail Time !

Steiny

Next couple months are going to be busy.
Headed to southern IL to bowhunt Saturday for (7) days, then back home to IN for the firearms opener for about (5) days, then back down to Southern, IL for their firearms opener (3) days, back to IN to hunt Thanksgiving week with family, back over to southern IL for second firearms season Dec 1-4, then head to KS for rifle opener Dec 7.

Rough gig, but somebody has to do it.

i think you should try to get a little more serious about hunting and commit more time to it :hump: ha ha
im jealous, sounds like it gonna be some good times right there, good luck on your hunts, im looking forward to when i can head east and do some whitetail hunting, it will be few years yet till i can go

Sounds awesome! Random question for you but what is the hunting like around Terre Haute? My brother plays football at ISU and I'm thinking about planning a visit him/whitetail hunt trip next season.

Sounds awesome! Random question for you but what is the hunting like around Terre Haute?
That is a great whitetail area. I used to own a lake cabin just south of there in Sullivan county. Lots of old abandoned strip mine pits and really rough country where a buck can make it to old age.
Some good public ground; Minnehaha, Hillenbrand area, Green Sullivan forest, Chinook, Goose Pond, Fairbanks Landing, etc. Peabody mines also owns lots of ground down there if you have connections to get a mine property pass. If you'd rather hunt private dirt, Basecamp leasing typically has a few leases in the area.

Jealous here. I'll take the boys out for the gun opener, but other than that I doubt I'll be doing much else unless I can sneak in a day or two around Thanksgiving. I really need to reconfigure my families schedule...

I'm all in Indiana this whitetail season, but plenty busy trying to fill my state tag and military refuge tags. Big Oaks this weekend with the .450.

Sounds like a good time! Wish I could dedicate that much time to whitetail hunting. Just curious do you make a living at it or do you have that much time off work??

Back