My first moose shed...

DSC_0098.jpg

and my second...

DSC_0101.jpg

and my third...

DSC_0105.JPG

and my first arrowhead

DSC_0106.jpg

all in less than two days. AND I found out that my dad and I drew our first choice antelope tags in Wyoming when I got home tonight.

Last edited:
Congrats Mike. In my experience once you break the seal on those buff skulls and arrowheads you find 'em everywhere. Keep looking!

Congrats Mike. In my experience once you break the seal on those buff skulls and arrowheads you find 'em everywhere. Keep looking!

Points are everywhere but finding an obsidian point that complete isn't necessarily common...great find. Depending on the size of the point, it is probably an atlatl point and the only source of black obsidian is Yellowstone

Congrats on the finds!

Love your obsidian point. It is always a shame when portions are missing. These are my firsts from Texas (before I actually got addicted to artifact hunting), NE (chert bird point that had never been used, the edges were still gritty) and my Wyoming first, as well as my first Spanish Diggings flint. I have found a variety of lithic tools over the years, sparking my interest in knapping. Hard to keep an eye out for wildlife when it is down looking for artifacts or plants. :)

Gxza7VP.png

Back