Is it just me with pants?

devon deer

I purchased a pair of waterproof Harkila pants a couple of years ago, mainly because of their good reputation and size range, but they are way to hot and heavy, definitely not suitable for active hunting.
So i thought i would look at Sitka, Kuiu etc for pants.
Now my waist is 32-33'', but my leg is 30''
You try getting them in that size, the closest is 32'', way too long, 2'' might not seem a huge amount (no rude comments please!) but when you put them on they pucker up and wear could increase.
I just wonder how many potential customers look elsewhere?
Perhaps us Brits are shorter?
Anybody have the same problem?
If so what have you purchased?
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
I have tried the prana zions and they are great, they aren't necessarily water proof. They are a 4 way stretch nylon which works great if you are up moving around.

To my knowledge they do not come in camo and they do have 30 inch inseams. They are also cheaper than some of the high end hunting gear.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar boat, although I'm shorter than you. I have two pairs of regular length Sitka pants and they work decent for me. I think by having a regular and tall option, their regular is a big shorter than other company's.

I'm also a 33 waist with 30" inseam depending on the brand/style of pants. I love all of the Kuiu gear and yes their pants are a little long but once I put a pair of hunting boots on I don't have any issue at all with them wearing out because of the little extra bit of material around the ankle. I actually meant to get my Kuiu attack pants hemmed but it doesn't seem like its worth the trouble.

511 tactical makes some good stuff, comes in polyester blend (may also have 100% poly), comes in your size, won't break the bank, and fits loose.

I have tried the prana zions and they are great, they aren't necessarily water proof. They are a 4 way stretch nylon which works great if you are up moving around.

To my knowledge they do not come in camo and they do have 30 inch inseams. They are also cheaper than some of the high end hunting gear.

Would anyone want waterproof pants?

Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants

I love Eddie Bauer's Guide Pro pants. They feel great, have a little stretch, are durable, shed water, have UPF, and aren't bad at $60-80 depending on sale or not. I wish they hadn't discontinued the convertible pants. Not too loud, either.

Only downside for some is that they are an athletic fit. My 34/34 probably won't like an underlayer other than my boxers but is otherwise not restrictive. I'd go for a 35/34 if they had that but they don't.

I really don't understand the problem. Your'e spending $100 for pants, you can take them in to get professionally hemmed for like $10 and have a custom fit. It is a lot easier to hem pants up then to try and extend an inseam that doesn't exist.

All of those companies make 32" their shortest pants for that reason. You can get them hemmed and they don't have to stock an inventory of pants of one inseam and multiple waists.

I really don't understand the problem. Your'e spending $100 for pants, you can take them in to get professionally hemmed for like $10 and have a custom fit. It is a lot easier to hem pants up then to try and extend an inseam that doesn't exist.

All of those companies make 32" their shortest pants for that reason. You can get them hemmed and they don't have to stock an inventory of pants of one inseam and multiple waists.

Can you do that on a pair of pants with full length zips?
If you can then problem is solved.

Cheers

Richard

I get pants and hem them up with a draw cord installed w/tensioner.
Para-cord & button/spring type bag tensioner..... Easy peazy.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back