Interviewing During Hunting Season

Well I got the call with an offer. I'm awaiting it in writing. The hiring manager/National manager actually worked the call and interviews around when I would be hunting (actually I was guiding) , as well as some of the interviews. They are well aware of my Fall commitments.

If I accept this it will be a big change in my work life. More travel and home based rather than working in a office/production facility 5.5 days a week.

My territory will be everything "West of Colorado" so theoretically, I could be working in a state I have a hunt in before and after a scouting weekend.
Congrats on the offer. Glad it worked out for you.

Where would the fun be if Ohio state had no notre dame?
Damn strait. Life would be boring.

I have no issue taking criticism when I'm wrong and love working with contractors to make everyone's life easier and projects cheaper. I know I don't know everything, and never claimed too and am usually very flexible as long as the end product meets the design goals. The arrogance of some contractors is palpable, they will glom onto a small item and project that they are the superior humans. I live for a good fight though.

Recently did an inspect where a contractor took the liberty to design/install something that must meet federal environmental guidelines/laws. Good on him for being proactive. The final product requires an stamped engineers report. No big deal, do it all the time. Owner or contractor does install, I inspect, make suggestions, etc. Provide stamped report for owner following federal regs, life goes on.

Inspect contractors work, note it isn't in compliance, need more information.

Contractor supplies information "proving" me wrong, requests no further design changes.

I reply with 3 bullet points why their "design" fails to meet federal regulation. Request that they provide owner with stamped report for their design and install.

Awesome, I get 40hrs of my life back... can move onto something more fun.

Response from owner: A new product will be installed that meets federal regulations, please provide stamped report.

#stupidengineer

Damn strait. Life would be boring.

I have no issue taking criticism when I'm wrong and love working with contractors to make everyone's life easier and projects cheaper. I know I don't know everything, and never claimed too and am usually very flexible as long as the end product meets the design goals. The arrogance of some contractors is palpable, they will glom onto a small item and project that they are the superior humans. I live for a good fight though.

Recently did an inspect where a contractor took the liberty to design/install something that must meet federal environmental guidelines/laws. Good on him for being proactive. The final product requires an stamped engineers report. No big deal, do it all the time. Owner or contractor does install, I inspect, make suggestions, etc. Provide stamped report for owner following federal regs, life goes on.

Inspect contractors work, note it isn't in compliance, need more information.

Contractor supplies information "proving" me wrong, requests no further design changes.

I reply with 3 bullet points why their "design" fails to meet federal regulation. Request that they provide owner with stamped report for their design and install.

Awesome, I get 40hrs of my life back... can move onto something more fun.

Response from owner: A new product will be installed that meets federal regulations, please provide stamped report.

#stupidengineer
Not applicable across the board, but I always likened it to others as one party is the doers, just want to get moving, get building, get to getting.

The other party are the safety nazis at the kegger, don't drink too much, you'll have a hangover and throw up and stuff. A drag. Turns the music down and shit.

I don't think I have to explain why both aren't "wrong" or finish out the metaphor...

Screw it...we're usually happy the cops didn't come to the kegger because loud music and debauchery, but we never thank the square in the corner putting out the fun...

Not applicable across the board, but I always likened it to others as one party is the doers, just want to get moving, get building, get to getting.

The other party are the safety nazis at the kegger, don't drink too much, you'll have a hangover and throw up and stuff. A drag. Turns the music down and shit.

I don't think I have to explain why both aren't "wrong" or finish out the metaphor...

Screw it...we're usually happy the cops didn't come to the kegger because loud music and debauchery, but we never thank the square in the corner putting out the fun...

If we select the proper party location, half the engineers will get lost on the way there, and half the contractors won't make it because they got DUI on the way.

rest of your life to waste away doing bullshit in an office chair that literally nobody anywhere cares about.

This a great summary of 99% of the jobs out there. In fact, it’s going to start being my answer anytime someone asks “what I do.”

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back