Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Internet Hunting Resources

jzeck2

I'm not getting any younger and need to get out and do more hunting. In that light, planning hunts seems to take the most time and causes the most stress. It does pay off once you are on the hunt, nothing recharges the old batteries like being in the great ourdoors.

What I'm wondering is if anybody has any experience/recommendations as far as some of the internet resources like gohunt.com ($149/year) or huntinfool.com ($100/year).

Not opposed to paying for a useful service, just want to make sure it's useful.

Huntin' Fool wasn't that useful for me. I've heard folks say it's a good resource to know what units not to apply for and to get a good summary of how the various states do their draws.

I've been kicking around joining GoHunt. I'd like to hear how well they cover the OTC/General elk units in MT, ID, & CO.

I just wish these resources could do their thing without pimping guides/outfitters, landowner tags, and all the hunt/tag giveaways. In my mind if they're going to cater to the OYO, self-guided hunters, it would be nice if they didn't (perhaps indirectly) screw us with some of their other actions. But, I'm pretty well resigned that Utahans are gonna do what Utah do... :W:

Hunter's Trailhead is the best bang for my buck and has pretty decent research functionality, for $25/yr.

I was a member at Huntin Fool for many years. The best part of their service is the database of hunters and which tags they have drawn in the past. You let them know what you draw, they give a list of hunters and phone numbers that have drawn that tag, and add you to the database. Nice to speak with someone that has had boots on the ground in a unit you have never seen. I'm running out of years to hunt and have points/strategies to keep me busy, so I dropped their service.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back