Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Inexpensive powder

What I mean is this I have the bullets and now I will buy my brass in a lump sum. Then my primers and so on. All my bullets one time case's one time

My biggest issue with this is having a "friend" load the ammo. And why 500 rounds? Very few I would trust doing it. And for a 1 MOA round, lot numbers if components won't mean squat. mtmuley

I’d certainly try RL16. Had outstanding luck with it in my .280.

If your good friend is willing to load you 500 rounds I would be inclined to ask him if he would load you a few different test loads first. You are planning to buy the brass and bullets and primers already. Then he could throw together a few rounds with a few different powders that he might have on hand. Whichever produces your best results then you could buy enough powder to load your 500 rounds.

Finding a combination your gun likes isn't like crossing your arms and wiggling your nose. It doesn't just magically happen. It takes a little work.

And 500 is a chit ton of 06' ammo to have on hand!

Finding a combination your gun likes isn't like crossing your arms and wiggling your nose. It doesn't just magically happen. It takes a little work.

And 500 is a chit ton of 06' ammo to have on hand!
I won't have to but any for a long time

Preacher just a few things to think on IMO😁

Are you buying 500pcs of brass? Why not buy 100-200 and after firing all of them have your friend resize them and load them again? Will be cheaper also

Since you are spending $$ on all the components I would load a powder charge test and then seating depth test. Shouldn’t take more than 40 rounds and you more than likely will find a load under MOA and maybe even 1/2MOA.

165 grain bullet, 56-58 grains of H4350, Winchester brass, and a CCI 200 has worked out of every 30-06 I’ve ever fooled with. No reason it shouldn’t work in yours. It not the rocket science some would have you believe. 1 MOA is easy with basic reloading practices and a decent rifle.

Back