Caribou Gear

In Memoriam.

AZ402

I propose to Randy (when he gets back from NM) that the Waterfowl Forum, forever be changed to Axl's Forum. In Memorian of the most recognized dog in Hunttalk/OYOA history. With Mtmillers approval. Who's with me?

Last edited:
Wasn't Axl the ceo of hunttalk? If miller says it's good, I'd think it's a hell of an idea.

Stan, very nice suggestion and I am very appreciative.

I think we should leave the Waterfowl section to remain the same.

I do hope in Axl's memory we see more pictures of our four-legged hunting partners in the field. Someone had better step up this year as I hope to be back in the game for 2011.

thanks so much...Craig

Could we at least get a "Sticky" with Miller's pictures until some other 4-legged hunter steps up?

Though, not sure that is possible, as those are some pretty big paw prints to follow.

Really, really good dawgs are a once in a life time deal! I was 59 and now 67 when Ol
Abe was won at a DU banquet. I have had dogs all my life....Ol Abe is my one in a lifetime dawg....he has seen and done about it all---from the sucking mud above his knees in LA to Timber and rice fields in Ark and MO to fields of SK.....pits, pirougues blinds in the Roseau, permanent blinds, laying in a field, open water to the horizon, two acre ponds, 3" ice to break thru ice....he is now laying in front of A/C return vent.....I know 2 to 4 more years is all he can dedicate to his passion and already get sad thinking about it.
MtMiller, God Bless your friend and may you find another one! They are rare indeed! You are actually a lucky man as am I for a few more years.

Last edited:
Well said Tom in Tenn...A lot of guys believe that the hunter makes the dog, but I believe it is the other way around...if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, my friend!
A "hunter" cannot train a two year old on his first retrieve after a wounded duck in deep water to thrust himself up higher than the waves and spin looking for the diving duck to surface, a hunter cannot train a dawg to figure out the ice he is standing on will break if he bounces on it and flush the duck out from underneath it. I thought I had ruined him forever on his very first retrieve when the Canada Goose regained his senses, attacked and bit Abe and was trying to get airbourne and fly off....Abe ran at him leaped and hit him with his chest and knocked him down, then bit and crushed his skull...that is when I knew I had something special.....I will cry when I have to put Ol Abe down but I will do it myself! He deserves that!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back