Idaho Units 48 and 43 post fires

Jimmy G

Anybody hunt 43 or 48 last year after the fires? I hunted there in 08 and 09 but haven't been back since. Looking to head in there this year for archery elk this year with my son when he can get away from football. Any info would be appreciated. Feel free to PM. If anyone is looking for a partner to go with, we are looking for someone to hunt with as well.

They just (yesterday) opened a lot of the closed areas. I am debating picking up that tag this year as well and saving some gas money.

That's a hunt I've been considering if I don't do a Colorado OTC hunt instead. I don't know which dates I'll be able to get away from work yet, but shoot me a PM if you're interested in maybe working the area together.

Well, I am commited, got a tag and 3 days of scouting under my belt. Still looking for any helpful advise or information on locating elk in these units.

If anyone wants to help cover some ground and share intel, let me know. I am planning on hunting 15 days if necessary and plan to pack in for a night or 2 at a time and use a trailer as a basecamp. Would like to have someone to chat with and hopefully tell stories of elk encounters with.

Thanks again, and good luck to all!

Im playing in 43 the first weeknof October with a front loader. Find a big buck for me and chain it to a tree.

Ill be up in the northern part of 43 scouting for goats this month, then plan on hunting in Sep. If i see anything up there ill shoot you a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back