Idaho unit 39 bear hunt

LT33

Hello all,
I have been reading all the great stories and pics. So I decided I need help, I have not tagged a bear in the last 8 years of hunting Idaho. I have done ok on deer and elk, but I really want a bear now. This year a will be limited on time. My plan is to head up to Idaho City which is about 45 mins from my house, then take the ATV towards the mid fork. I will be doing spot and stalk hunting this coming May Is this a good plan? What are things I should be looking for? I have heard glass where the snow ends and look for wild onions?
Thanks,
LT

Use Google Earth before you leave if you are not familiar with the area. Leave the ATV at home, its not relly necessary. Park your vehicle, walk and get high on a ridge where you can see. Glass and be patient.

Go up the middle fork along the river and hike up on a ridge. There are tons of bears up there and they all come down the river in the evening. Not very big but there are lots.

When you find them let me know where they are since I plan on hunting the same unit this spring. HaHa. Lots of bears around there supposedly-only hunted it once but didn't see much except for deer. Good Luck!

Sweet thanks for the info. Idahorunner what would be a good size bear to take up there?

LOTS of hound hunters up that way get away from the roads good luck hope to see your pics soon !

Let us know how it goes I may make it that far over if I don't find anything closer to home.

Have seen a few bears along the middle fork and north fork while fishing. Was thinking about hunting up there a bit myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back