Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Idaho steps to the plate

Cammy

I don't know if posting this here will get to the masses however....

The State of Idaho has announced that it is offering non-resident disabled veterans discounted hunting licenses and tags. You have to provide proof in the form of a letter from the VA showing a service connected disability of 40% or more to qualify. The information is on the Idaho F&G website.

Most states have programs in place for resident disabled vets but this is the first I have seen a state offer non-residents a benifit of this type.

Pat yourselves on the back Idaho! Here's hoping other states follow your lead and show our vets the love. I for one am proud of you!

if its true and holds up good for Idaho! wish more states kept there eyes on what's really important not just the money!!!

I have hunted Northern Idaho for the last 3 deer seasons. Pretty expensive with fuel prices as I am 1300 miles South but I have always managed to save the money over the course of the year. I won't make it up this year as I have elk and mule deer tags in Nevada that have tapped the savings. I absolutley love the area we hunt!
This program will make it a bit easier on my budget next year.

I know N. Idaho should be seeing an increase in hunters from Washington this year because of this offer. I hope others states take notice and adjust their rules/prices for our vets. Looking at you MT, WY, CO.

Another interesting note that started this year in Oregon is military members can get hunting license and tags at resident prices. Can be purchased online or instate. Just make sure to carry your military ID with you while hunting.

Most states allow active duty military who are stationed and have lived in the state for at least 6 months to buy resident licenses. The Idaho pricing for non-resident DAV is a bit higher than Resident DAV but still a great way to get vets to cross Idaho off their hunting bucket list.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back