Idaho Muley Question

nbell

Every year I buy the whitetail only tag in Idaho. I love this hunt but have a real itch to shoot a big muley. Looking at the regulations I see that I can apply for some of these tags and if I don't draw, buy the same tag as always. I know that unit 11 late hunt produces some big bucks, but I am sure that there are some great units in Southern ID as well but I have no idea which ones. I don't want anybodys honey holes, just maybee a few opinions of what you guys think are good units to kill a big muley on public ground.
Thanks for any help.

If you hunt up north try unit 18 or 14 they are in that nothern ID area lots of good bucks and a few great bucks in both units

If I wanted to kill a really big muley in this state I'd look for late controlled hunts in regions 3,4 and 6. Some of them can be a really tough draw, but IMO the top in in Southern Idaho is much higher than any of the northern stuff.

Look at some of the controlled hunts in the Owyhees in southern Idaho. Also units 55 & 57 can be pretty dang good. Good Luck

Back