Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho Mule Deer

loyawhat

IDFAG has stated that the mule deer numbers this season are down due to 70% death rate of yearlings dying last winter. https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/big-game-outlook-similar-numbers-elk-and-whitetails-fewer-mule-deer

My questions is how is this effecting your hunt, are you concerned and what are your opinions on it?

For my wife and I will be up opening week and likely be shooting the first two with antlers we see. I also have taken time off for extended weekends the rest of the rifle season. All of our venison from last year is almost consumed.

I will be up for rifle season but input from bow hunters who have already been hunting is much appreciated.

I'll be there this year. The only tags I could "draw" were the OTC type. Lol.

I think the winterkill was worse in places, while some other places had better conditions but still had a higher than average winterkill.

Should be a severe shortage of 1.5 year old bucks as well as fewer of the old/mature bucks.

The only way it has affected my hunt is that I am avoiding the SE section of the state, which I originally planned to hunt. I'm excited though. Can't wait!

Depends on the unit..some were not effected at all. I even remember reading from IDFG that the winter wasn't as harsh as previously thought

Could care less. Went on a archery hunt for the first time...saw 4 bucks over 150 in a day...should be a decent rifle season. Depends what part of the state you're in probably

Could care less. Went on a archery hunt for the first time...saw 4 bucks over 150 in a day...should be a decent rifle season. Depends what part of the state you're in probably

Mind sharing what GMU you were in?

SE Idaho got hit really hard. Bear Lake had more snow than I had seen in my 44 years. 3 years from now will really tell just how bad it was.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back