PEAX Equipment

Idaho Bull Down!!!!

Quick Update........Last night they saw a Raghorn. This morning 2 spikes and a cow, They are hearing bugles and working the bulls.

Tonight some GREAT action..... I'll fill you in about that , , , , , tomorrow :)

Quick Update........Last night they saw a Raghorn. This morning 2 spikes and a cow, They are hearing bugles and working the bulls.

Tonight some GREAT action..... I'll fill you in about that , , , , , tomorrow :)

Time's up Moosie! :D

My times always up ~~

Remember that today is yesterdays tomorrow.... right ? :)

I'll tell a story later, a little behind now.

Dead animal count : Moose down, no elk yet.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I wasn't able to get cell service at very many locations so I couldn't update like I wanted to. The only place I had service was on a 10000 ft rock ledge that I had to walk back and forth on until the dang text went out.

Anyway there wasn't much going on anyway. The rut was very slow at best. On the second day I had a bull bugling (2 times) down in the canyon. I setup within 100 yards of him and call to him. I didn't have anymore responses but after an hour I heard some noise just below my position. Not long after the head of a cow elk pops out, sweet they are sneaking in quietly. I watch as 7 cows come walking by at 25 yards and no bull to follow. I couldn't explain it for the life of me. That was pretty much the outcome of the trip. I only saw one bull with cows and he wasn't into them much either. I did pass on a spike on Monday at 30 yards that just wanted to get shot. I called him back to me 3 or 4 different times.

A cool part of the trip was we were able to find a decent moose for my buddy to shoot. He is by no means a trophy hunter and was just very happy to take the moose with his bow.

I will get some pics up for you guys when I get home.

Here's the pics that I promised.

Steve the happy hunter.
P1110260.jpg

P1110260.jpg

P1110256.jpg

Even though he was only 100 yards from a road he still took a good 5 hours to get into this position.
P1110274.jpg

Back at home served with some corn on the cob.
P1110294.jpg

I thought this was a cool find until I found 9 more up the same draw. Unfortunately someone found the other 2 bulls and took the heads (guessing here). The others were cows and we did find a few of there ivories.
P1110285.jpg

wow man, great pics!!!! I have never been able to draw a moose tag and seeing these pics makes me really want to go!!!!!!!

Around here we put the cob holders in AFTER the corn is done boiling or is that an artistic thing for the picture?

Great moose and that supper shot is making me MUCHO hungry!

Did the elk winter kill or what caused it?

Cool! One hundred yards from a road is a great place to shoot a moose!

Around here we put the cob holders in AFTER the corn is done boiling or is that an artistic thing for the picture?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that, but then I thought, "why not?" Easier than dealing with a hot ear of corn.

On the elk kills my first instinct is wolves. Three years ago (last time I hunted there) I was chasing a really good bull in the same area. I had just closed the distance to 100 yards when a pack of wolves started howling. The bull never shut up so I kept working him. After about 30 minutes everything went quiet and I moved into the area of the elk. The bull was gone but I got to see 2 wolves running the ridge above. It was cool then but now not so cool. I'm not certain they were wolf kills but finding 9 dead elk in the same draw has me wondering. Weird thing is they were all in the middle of the draw. Leading me to think as they were struggling with the wolves they were getting pulled down to the bottoms. Also no wintering animals in this area. It's at 9500 feet.

Don't you guys know about pampered chef. They are the cob holders that you put in before you boil. No need to burn your hands anymore. When you pull the corn out you can go ahead and eat. Handles aren't hot at all.

The guys with the money have ALL the cool gadgets ;)

Congrats to Steve again and good luck next time you roll out again !!

Nice moose there IB and your buddy. Especially wih a bow. Damn those wolves anyway. Good luck on the rest of the season.

Sounds like fun man. Looks like plenty of meat on that moose, well done. Cool dead head too, did you pack it out?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back