Ice Substatute ... Artic Ice

Majja

I am sure that many of you have seen these, but has anyone actually tried them. Right now I use half gallon jugs filled with water and then frozen. I have seen the ad's and am a firm believer in technology as well. That being said are these more of a the item catching the hunter or do they really stand up and last longer then good old Ice. I kind of like the shape of these as they will stack well in the freezer.

Thank you
Majja

I as well have been freezing water in various bottles/jugs and will be curious to see if anyone has any insight on this subject.

I am sure that many of you have seen these, but has anyone actually tried them. Right now I use half gallon jugs filled with water and then frozen. I have seen the ad's and am a firm believer in technology as well. That being said are these more of a the item catching the hunter or do they really stand up and last longer then good old Ice. I kind of like the shape of these as they will stack well in the freezer.

Thank you
Majja

I think you hit the technology thing on the head with their stacking ability. I have been using gallon jugs and various hard plastic OJ bottles and stuff. Been working for years and cheap. I rotate them in from the deep freeze to the cooler to pre-cool my coolers, then toss em all into the big one. Cover it all in big cube ice and keep the coolers in the shade. Havent had a problem with ice yet. This year I will do the same but I got a new rotomold big 82QT cooler from Siberian, cant wait to see how she holds up!

You have to clean them out really good but I have been using used oil 1qt bottles and 5qt jugs for ice since the are tall and narrow and fit better in the bottom of a cooler.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back