Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

I wish the season was longer

Sad to hear of your loss. I have really enjoyed you sharing him with us in pictures over the last year or two that I have been paying atention. He was obviously well cared-for and a great hunting partner.

Your care and companionship was a gift to him. His gift to you will be those great memories that will last a lifetime.

Matt

Axl headed out on a mountain goat hunt at 8 months. He got no slack as I made him haul his own food.

Axattrailhead2.jpg

Eight years later we drew again. This shot is from a scouting trip in July of '08. I wonder if he remembered posing at this sign years earlier?

Trailhead3_com.jpg

Dude, I'm late in the game to throw in my feelings but Axl was Mr. HuntTalk for many, many years. He will be missed but never forgotten.

sorry to hear that....really enjoyed seeing his pics over the years. RIP Axel.

Craig,
I espically like the one from the last mt goat hunt you took him on. He was working his butt off to get to the top of the mtn.....

Ernesto

That was two of us.:D

P1020293_compress.jpg

He was hurting, but still looking out for me.

P1020261_compress.jpg

No smiles, but I know he was having a good time.

P1020235.jpg

I puzzed out and took the logs. He manned up and took the plunge.

P1020482_july_5-1.jpg

It was a tough trip, but I knew by the end he was no longer invensible.

P1020485_july_5.jpg

Still, I am sure, he loved MT.

P1020477_july_5.jpg

Just to show what tolerance Axl had for a person, post up the Cuddle picture of Pat trying to get personal with Axl. John

Yes, very scary WY trip.
P1090063.jpg

First WY lope w/ Ax.

1.jpg

No birds, so just looking for lopes.

7.jpg

P1080830.jpg

P1080839.jpg

Last edited:
Great Pics - Fantastic memories, I am sure!
Kinda tough to open this thread and those like it as I am sure for others as well as myself, losing a 4 legged family member is always tough. However, seeing the highlights as you have in pics - it brings me to think of the great times I had with mine.

Thanks Craig - I can not think of a better way to progress through this loss and what an awesome forum of friends you have to share these pic's / your time with.

Good stuff!

MM, That is the one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pat, it is not so much making fun of you, but Damn! About 3 or 4 months ago we had to say goodbye to our Lab Midnight. Midnight was a adoption from a Pet Fair and a real buddy to the Kids in our town as my boy Travo would practice Baseball Midnight would have a group of crumb eaters climbing all over him. Travo took it real hard, but I had to explain to him dogs like him are Gifts and to let him suffer for us just to have around is doing him an injustice to his memory. Once again Thanks for the Photo. John

Quite possibly the best dog I never had but always wanted. He is definitely an icon here at HT.

Thanks for putting up with me.

I wish this was a better pic, but probably my favorite. Two naive bastages headed into the MT wilderness to find a goat in 2000.

Thirty minutes later we scored. Three hours later I untangled him from the bush I tied him to. Glad the wolves didn't pick up on the easy meal(s).

goatmt1.jpg

Couple hours earlier when I was about to give up. Apparently I thought I was feeding a greyhound.:D

Firstturnaround.jpg

Great photos. Axl was even photogenic as a pup.

You have done such a good job documenting your hunts with photos of yourself. I usually take lots of photos, but seldom end up with any of myself beyond kill photos.

I'm sorry for the loss-I was there a year ago. I wish I would have taken more pics............

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

First camping trip.

Axl11wks.jpg

Looks good to me.:D

drivindog.jpg

First upland bird....other than maybe one meadowlark.;)

Firstpheasant.jpg

Back when he was still sporting a chub often.

Firstpheasant2.jpg

One of his first flying liver limits.

Axwithmallardlimitvest.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back