I wish the season was longer

Bummer for you! Sorry. I had to put my girl down last winter. Not an easy thing to do after 16 yrs!

It makes me sick to hear that. I know I have grown fond of all the hunt photos of you two together and always looked forward to seeing more.

Don't know what to say....

There's alot of folks on this board will miss him.

I'm sorry,

G

Miller.. Old Axl is in a place where the season is open all year long. Sorry to hear about your loss. He will be missed but never forgotten and lives on in the hearts and memories of all who have hunted with him I am sure He was truly a hunter at heart.

Craig,

Very sorry to hear that. You and Axl have entertained us with some great adventures over the years. Sad day for sure. I dread when that day comes for my buddy as well.

Nemont

I agree with others here Craig......sorry to hear that. With all the history (photos) we've shared over the years on HT with him, sort of feels like our loss as well.

sorry about losing a great dog and friend. He was lucky to have an owner to treat him like you did.

Thanks guys, your words really do help. We had a great 10.5 year run. His first hunt was at 7 months chasing mountain goats in the Montana Wilderness. Seems like only yesterday.

I was going through some old pics from a fried computer and will probably post some up. We had some good times hunting, but I wish he would have had more drive.;) BTW, he finally made it onto the ice sheet.

P11507802.jpg

He never let famous go to his head.:D

Axl_book.jpg

Sorry to hear that. It was pretty apparent what he meant to you through the pictures and the little bit of time I spent with you two together. Thanks for sharing all the memories you had with him with us.

Doe11-3-071.jpg

Axe set the benchmark for retrievers. That dog led a rich life.

Let that calendar work some and when you're ready, maybe a new adventure can begin.

Real sorry to hear the news....

Back