Caribou Gear

I need a ruling here

Just wait until you retire. This crap WILL STOP! How do I know?

Too late for you, but never, ever, have a joint account!
How do you think i am making it back to Montana again?!
(oh i did actually take her on a sun holiday earlier this year!)
Cheers
Richard

The gas powered leaf blower for her didn't go over so well..... Now what genius?

The way I see it, you have 2 options:
1. On the way out of town you need to purchase the items you have your eyes on....for her! Then you need to try them out over the weekend to determine if she REALLY could use them. It would be bad to give her a gift she doesn't want, like a vacuum.
2. Make a wish list with at least 6 similarly priced items on it and leave it for her to find early in the week. Spend a couple of days negotiating down to the 2 items you really want. Purchase the items with her blessing and have a great weekend!

Tell her you will sell a gun to pay for the stuff you want. Put a few ads on some free Gun selling websites for a ridiculously high price. (Hopefully she doesn't really know the value of it). Go buy your stuff. When the gun doesn't sell she will at least be happy that you tried. You will still have your gun and your new stuff. Problem solved.

Doesn't work that way. Self employed and she's the book keeper for the company.
I am self employed Ben, i do my own books:D
BTW, i just bought the Oregon 600, very happy with my purchase.

Just wait until you retire. This crap WILL STOP! How do I know?
Go on then, enlighten me!
I'm a few years off retirement but can't see anything changing then.

Cheers

Richard

Last edited:
Bah, you're in a win - win situation, Ben!

Buy both on the way out to your "very limited / no cell reception" hunt. By the time you return the initial fury will have passed enough for part B of your plan - make up sex!

Tell me how it works out for ya... I might try it myself... :p

Tell her you need the spotting scope so you can see her from afar and the gps is so you can find your way back to her beautiful face. DONE DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First, I suggest that you not openly count the trip as hers. You did the trip because you really wanted to spend the weekend with her, right? Emotion will trump accounting any day. You need the spotter because it will help you tag out sooner and get back to her.

Bah, you're in a win - win situation, Ben!

Buy both on the way out to your "very limited / no cell reception" hunt. By the time you return the initial fury will have passed enough for part B of your plan - make up sex!

Tell me how it works out for ya... I might try it myself... :p

I like the way Sytes thinks! ( not thinking it will work, but, I like the thought!):D

In my estimation, you can't include the Romantic weekend trip into the array of data since you were involved. If you try to include it, there is a high probability of said trip being tainted and removing the romance from said trip.

A solid course of action would be to purchase something else solely for the wife. Nominal value of purchased item can be less than the value from the spotter + GPS only if the intrinsic / emotional value of selected item is very high (ie - it's very thoughtful and romantic in itself).

This

it would be foolish to use a past weekend trip, retroactively as barter for what you obviously had in mind already as a 'trade'. That makes you look a conniving jerk and among other things her memories of the trip may become "that turkey used me to get what he really wanted. surprised he did not spend that weekend shopping for it instead of spending time with me"

too much drama unless this bartering is an enjoyable, light hearted activity amongst you two. if it is a strain at all stop thinking and acting that way. tell her what you are buying and then go buy it. If you feel you must explicitly tell her to go sink additional cash into some want, right now, to stay even so be it.

Better to get off the accounting roller coaster altogether now and the future and just be reasonable about not putting family in hardship buying crap. Especially if it is mostly one sided coming from you out of some 'guilt' that keeps telling her to spend what you do on guns on whatever she wants each time you buy. Regardless, that barter process has been codified apparently? so why keep talking about it. do reasonable purchases and expect to see the same.

If she does not buy her crap you could always say, we have some cash and I know I bought X awhile back, I hope you get whatever you want. Just pray it is not a weekend getaway with a guy truly focused in her and not focused on finagling a fair trade in cost of the romantic time together with hunting gear. Maybe that illustrates the issue?

I believe there are many factors you need to consider. Your base model romantic weekend should get you .50 cents on the dollar. Then the adjustment factors come into play:

Add .05-.10 cents each for:
Dinner at fancy French restaurant
Shopping at boutiques
Massages with clothes on
Writing and reciting poems to her

Deduct .10 cents on the dollar for:
Every time you got lucky
Entering a sporting goods store
Stopping to scout along the way
Leaving the toilet seat up

I believe there are many factors you need to consider. Your base model romantic weekend should get you .50 cents on the dollar. Then the adjustment factors come into play:

Shopping at boutiques
Massages with clothes on

Every time you got lucky

LOL. Are your recently divorced, long-time divorsed or never married.

Then why bother stirring the pot? If you gonna feel the heat you might as well enjoy the outcome:D

Not everybody gets the big check and corporate sponsorship like CSEH does. Some of us in the cheap seats still need gear too, you know.

Khunter - great post. :) I assure you, this is almost 79% in jest.

Shopping at boutiques
Massages with clothes on

Every time you got lucky

That is always where I get the most points in my house. "There once was a man from Nantucket"............................................wait I guess that is where most points are deducted.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back