I need a ruling here

Too late for you, but never, ever, have a joint account!
How do you think i am making it back to Montana again?!
(oh i did actually take her on a sun holiday earlier this year!)
Cheers
Richard

You're in dangerous territory, the logic of applying a "we got to spend this much for you, why can't we spend this much on me" theory only works in the most illogical of places (ie Congress).

I say go for it, dollar for dollar, that time away between you will let her come to her senses and realize your decisions were totally reasonable....or she'll toss your stuff out in the yard and burn it with a can of kerosene.

Change combination on gunsafe before going hunting. Got it.

my current mode is to make a relatively small withdrawal every paycheck, and stash it "so I have money for gifts" for the chief financial officer without her knowing how much I spent, or asking me what I bought before I've even had a chance to share it with her on our anniversary, etc. The surplus from flowers and the like goes into my hunting fund, and that way come september and october I'm not taking money out of the household budget for hunting, and I might even have enough left to upgrade some gear from time to time. It's sort of like the old school christmas savings accounts, and she knows about it, I just hope she never adds up the annual cost. My biggest fear is that when I'm dead she sells my stuff for what I told her I paid for it

Make sure you log out of HT Ben, nothing here for Mrs. Lamb to see.

The way I see it, you have 2 options:
1. On the way out of town you need to purchase the items you have your eyes on....for her! Then you need to try them out over the weekend to determine if she REALLY could use them. It would be bad to give her a gift she doesn't want, like a vacuum.
2. Make a wish list with at least 6 similarly priced items on it and leave it for her to find early in the week. Spend a couple of days negotiating down to the 2 items you really want. Purchase the items with her blessing and have a great weekend!

Maybe Mrs Lamb has already made the correct purchases and intends to surprise you with them as you head out the door.

The way I see it, you have 2 options:
1. On the way out of town you need to purchase the items you have your eyes on....for her! Then you need to try them out over the weekend to determine if she REALLY could use them. It would be bad to give her a gift she doesn't want, like a vacuum.
2. Make a wish list with at least 6 similarly priced items on it and leave it for her to find early in the week. Spend a couple of days negotiating down to the 2 items you really want. Purchase the items with her blessing and have a great weekend!

This is pretty good advice.

Nikster, you must have read the same passage from the Hitch-hikers Guide to Marriage, as I did. Pulled the same trick on my (then) new wife when I NEEDED ( ;) ) to get a new pistol. I talked the owner of a local gun shop into letting me take a small assortment of side arms home for wifey inspection. One was Huge, one dinky, one old as hell, and then the one I wanted. Two were over 3X the cost of the one I was after and the old piece of crap was 1/2 the price. I let her decide which one she wanted me to carry when I was traveling through the AZ desert, at night, for work, filled with "illegals, biker gangs, and escaped criminals".

After careful consideration, she picked the "best choice" because it wasn't a huge cannon I'd never be able to use in time, it wasn't some little pop gun that wouldn't scare a bunny, and it wasn't so old it was going to blow up in my face.

So, I took the other three back the next day and kept the brand new Taurus 4" barrel .357, which to this day has stayed right by my side for 35 yrs, come Hell or High water, two wars, and more than a couple dumb ass punks/pukes/druggy/social degenerates who were caught quite by surprise.

The has pistol stayed.....she didn't.

Personally the GPS should be an easy sell, its for your safety and being able to get back to her! The new spotter could be useful, but if you have a good piece of glass already then it would be a hard sell. I allow my CFO (wife) to spend whatever she wants and hope she allows me to buy new toys when mine wear out or they break. Then again I also shop all around to find the best deal.

First year in Utah I wanted a new pack, I was looking at a high priced really nice badlands fame pack and a smaller day pack style. Took the wife with me and she actually picked the one I was really looking at. She let me spend the 200 plus on a new Superday. So maybe take her with you and look at the really nice spotters and some lower end ones and maybe get luckey and get to settle on the one in the middle you wanted...

Nikster, you must have read the same passage from the Hitch-hikers Guide to Marriage, as I did. Pulled the same trick on my (then) new wife.

The has pistol stayed.....she didn't.

This might be a good reason to try something else.

Guys it's 2014 direct deposit! Open another account, direct deposit every pay! Bingo she can't miss what she doesn't know you have.

I read an article awhile back. It was a study that said the average guy has 10k that his wife doesn't know about. Compared to the average woman having 500 bucks hidden in her underwear drawer. After reading this I didn't feel average anymore......

Guys it's 2014 direct deposit! Open another account, direct deposit every pay! Bingo she can't miss what she doesn't know you have.

Doesn't work that way. Self employed and she's the book keeper for the company.

I'm close getting permission on the gps.

Garmin Etrex 30? Thoughts?

I'd buy the spotter and gps and not think twice about it. my wife is pretty understanding when it comes to my gear buying antics.

Man, you are hurting if the best romantic getaway you can come up with is Spocomptan.Are you a Montana native?
Sorry couldn't resist.:)
KItchen passes recquire drastic measures sometimes.....I understand.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back