Hunting backpack

Wow. thanks for all the replies and advice. Its been a few days since I got to check the forum. I didn't realize the ILBE weighed 12lbs. I will for sure be checking out rokslide. The alps outdoors pack is on my short list. I do have a really nice $250+ kelty backpack I use for hiking. I know it sounds crazy, but I just didn't want to get it covered in blood hauling meat out, if I shoot something. A pack and good boots all the gear I really need to buy this year, so spending a little more shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Blood, for the most part, will wash out... A set of good game bags and some trash bags can get it pretty darn clean. Both of those are WAY under $150. ;)

1_pointer is right. I did was forced to put a quarter in my "nice" internal frame. Almost no blood was on the pack. Use a good synthetic game bag. Those can literally save your bacon.

If you must spend more money (like I did), I love this pack:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slumberjack...201381?hash=item2ef766be65:g:XF0AAOSwB09YK0WX

I spent less than this but it was on clearance. It's can be used as a pack or a meat hauler and even has an detachable day pack. Good design. Holding up okay. Hauled an elk quarter plus gear comfortably.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back