Hunting Alone...

ROFLMAO I agree with 1 pointer though I believe he is underestimating the hardship in finding the reliable wife. ROFL Close call though.
I must just have better mojo with the ladies... :hump: :D

Or maybe I got my wife through the mail!!! :eek:

But, likely I just got very lucky to find the one woman on earth who thinks short, fat, hairy, with a wittle weiner is dead sexy! :p

Reminds me of the story Dad told me many decades ago when he was just back from WWII and bought a couple coon hounds with his meager savings. He got married and was working days and supplementing his income doing coon hunts with the dogs almost every night due to the good fur prices back in the late 40s and early 50s. One night when he was loading the dogs up he said my Mom was very exasperated and told him it was either her or the dogs. He said he just calmly looked up and said: "Marge, a good coon dog is hard to find!". I thought it was just some BS, but I asked Mom not long ago about that story after Dad passed last 9/11 and she just laughed and said that was exactly as it went down and they lived happily ever after, LOL! I was born in 47 and took care of those dogs as soon as I was old enough until they both died of old age and I cut my teeth night hunting with Dad when I was 5.

Last edited:
ROFL That is just to good a story. LOL I once owned a great birddog. A English setter and she was absolutely magic in the woods. Would take her everywhere with me and she often rode in the seat next to me in the truck. LMAO It was a funny sight. Friends said she looked like my girlfriend setting up there next to me with her long hair. I told them if I ever found a woman half as loyal I would marry her. Ended up not marrying until I was 37. LMAO

there are two people i like to hunt side by side. my father, and a buddy that i started hunting with when i was 14. when you hunt with someone that long you never wander what there going to do. everyone else i enjoy telling stories at camp and helping pack for them. nothing against them personally but if a hunt is going to get messed up i dont want it to be anyones fault but my own. thats how you learn.all that being said hunting bugleing bulls with a buddy cant be beat, they will never know what hit them...

I hunt alone for all the reasons mentioned above. One thing I hate to do is be controlled by the clock. Don't tell anyone you are going to meet them at some particular spot at some specific time because you'll both have to drop what you are doing to meet up. If you get into elk at 11:30 and you've gotta meet someone at noon...get the picture? Good way to ruin the day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back