Hunt elk hunting grind for newbie

I appreciate you wanting to bring someone with no experience. People have to start somewhere. But like others have said, set expectations for planning and execution. Put them in charge of a portion of the planning. Hold them accountable for completion of tasks. Make them put skin in the game.

Looking for some advice on how to handle a newbie coming on my upcoming elk hunting hunt. After going 1 for 4 on elk hunts in Wyoming and 1 for 1 on deer hunts in Wyoming there is a mental and physical grind when hunting. My brother and I have hunted together for at least 36yrs and we know each other, and how to work through the grind. The new guy is 2 yrs into hunting and has no clue what our west hunting is like.
New guys are great, tell them you could hike miles and not see anything and when all hope is gone that's when the they will show up, the rush hits you squeeze the trigger watch the animal drop the high fives start, you have the pictures and helping of quartering up and filling packs and flipping B/S to the guys. Then the pain and suffering starts, you'll swear that you'll never shot one that far back again all the way back to the truck. Then once you get all the quarters loaded into the truck and sit down you'll look at the others and say, we got to draw this area next year I now there's bigger ones out hear.

Looking for some advice on how to handle a newbie coming on my upcoming elk hunting hunt. After going 1 for 4 on elk hunts in Wyoming and 1 for 1 on deer hunts in Wyoming there is a mental and physical grind when hunting. My brother and I have hunted together for at least 36yrs and we know each other, and how to work through the grind. The new guy is 2 yrs into hunting and has no clue what our west hunting is like.
Do your thing, I’m sure they already look to you as the lead.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back