HSM Ammo.

They load a variety of bullets. Not sure if they use premium brass or not. I've bought plinking handgun ammo but load rifles on my own. mtmuley

We used their reloaded pistol and .223 Rem ammo for practice on the department. I was a sniper on our SRT team and we used their .308 Win 168 gr. Sierra loads for our rifles. Shot very well in them. It all functioned and shot well. I've never used their rifle loadings in my own rifles for game as I reload all of my own cartridges for big game.

Is hot their 7RM/Berger 168 gr for a long time before I started loading myself. Always shot well for me.

Pretty sure they use Starline Brass for most of their pistol loads.

My main elk rifle has only had their 168 gr Berger VLD’s down the barrel. They used to use Norma brass but have switched in the last few years. Once I burn through my stockpile I’ll be loading my own. I also shoot their 140 VLD’s out of my 7mm-08 although that is getting tough to find anymore.

When I lived in the bitterroot and didn't reload yet, I went to their place regularly and bought factory seconds from them for shooting rock chucks. Also bought a lot of 50 bmg ammo for my buddy's Barret there. They make good stuff in my experience.

Several years ago Id bought some HSM pistol ammo (so not current production run). Recently got around to shooting it up. They were a little hot but no issues

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back