Howdy y'all.

Samsquanch

Well, hello there!

I currently live in and am originally from Sacramento CA, but have lived in Eureka CA (CA North Coast) and in The Dalles OR (where we still own a home and will hopefully move back to some day). I somehow convinced my wife to marry me 10 yrs ago, and we have a beautiful 5 yo daughter that I am looking forward to introducing to hunting and fishing.

I am a fisheries biologist, and I love fishing for salmon, steelhead, trout, and pretty much anything that swims in fresh or salt. I also enjoy harvesting wild mushrooms, and have become addicted to big game hunting (only rifle so far). I was lucky enough to harvest two beautiful blacktail bucks while I lived in Oregon, but have swung and missed for elk there, and deer in CA since moving back. I still go back to Oregon to chase deer and elk as a non-resident.

I take pride in only hunting public lands, and am planning on hiking into and hunting the back country from here on out to try and get away from the bulk of the hunting pressure. I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from the veteran backcountry hunters on here so I can start hunting smarter and more effectively.

Cheers,
-Brian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back