Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Howdy from Texas!

bdykes66

Hi y'all! I'm new to the forum and about to be new to western hunting, so I'm really looking forward to all the help and advice I can glean from everyone here. I've been hunting whitetails Texas style for a long time now- box blinds over a corn feeder- but sometime last year I found Randy's videos about DIY elk hunting (as well as the Solo Hunter stuff, ELK101, and a bunch of podcasts), and decided that I needed to get out and hunt for real. I've been hiking and camping in Colorado so I'm going to give the OTC/DIY hunting a shot. :)D pun intended!) If anyone has any questions about hunting in Texas, I'll be happy to help!

-Brandon

Thanks for the welcomes!
I live just south of Austin, but I hunt up by Barnhart.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Texan!
He inspired me too. I just put in for my CO hunt tonight. Best of luck and there is great insight here.

Niceee. I just moved to Austin this year and am making efforts toward integration into the local hunting, foraging, gathering scene! I live in West Campus area. You have a hunt coming up? [email protected] if I can't figure out how to check replies on this forum haha.

Small world. I live in Canyon Lake and work in New Braunfels. My deer lease is just up the road between Barnhart and Sterling City.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back