Howdy from Texas!

bdykes66

Hi y'all! I'm new to the forum and about to be new to western hunting, so I'm really looking forward to all the help and advice I can glean from everyone here. I've been hunting whitetails Texas style for a long time now- box blinds over a corn feeder- but sometime last year I found Randy's videos about DIY elk hunting (as well as the Solo Hunter stuff, ELK101, and a bunch of podcasts), and decided that I needed to get out and hunt for real. I've been hiking and camping in Colorado so I'm going to give the OTC/DIY hunting a shot. :)D pun intended!) If anyone has any questions about hunting in Texas, I'll be happy to help!

-Brandon

Thanks for the welcomes!
I live just south of Austin, but I hunt up by Barnhart.

Last edited:
Hello fellow Texan!
He inspired me too. I just put in for my CO hunt tonight. Best of luck and there is great insight here.

Niceee. I just moved to Austin this year and am making efforts toward integration into the local hunting, foraging, gathering scene! I live in West Campus area. You have a hunt coming up? [email protected] if I can't figure out how to check replies on this forum haha.

Small world. I live in Canyon Lake and work in New Braunfels. My deer lease is just up the road between Barnhart and Sterling City.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back