Yeti GOBOX Collection

How much water?

The truth about losing sodium, potassium iodine and calcium loss (through sweat) while working hard. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11480505

Our bodies are a bunch of chemical reaction chambers that rely on these nutrients to work. Lose too many with through your sweat and things stop working.

Please tell me how this study relates to anything, and which accredited medical school in Taiwan it originated from.

The authors studied electrolyte loss from profuse sweating in soccer-team players and evaluated the relationship between The authors studied electrolyte loss from profuse sweating in soccer-team players and evaluated the relationship between this source of iodine loss and iodine deficiency.

Also, please give a specific example of a supplement that supplements iodine in humans, and explain how modern homo-sapiens have survived the past 200,000 years with out drink supplements.

Apologies to the OP for my part in continuing to take this thread off track; I just can't seem to help myself :D

To answer your initial question, if I'm going to be out all day I carry a gallon of water, which sometimes is not enough. If I'm overnighting somewhere without a reliable water source, I take as much as I can carry and make do with what I have.

Water makes you weak.

I slam a pot of coffee at the trailhead and am good for the day.

Back