Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

how good of a hunt would 5 PP in WY get me?

jriggs

would 5 PP for WY moose draw a decent tag? not interested in trophy hunts...just some great scenery and a solid chance at a mature WY bull moose.

it's been a few years since I did any real research towards zones/regions...and can't remember which zones offered the best access and such.

much thanks in advance,

riggs

You'll probably get the chance to ask the same question next year with except you'll have six points. And again the following year with 7. Sorry I couldn't resist.

I'm 40 years old so I'm not apply for sheep, goat, or moose anywhere. Figured by the time I drew a tag I would get my walker stuck on a rock, fall and break a hip.

Last year 13 pts was the minimum to get any NR bull moose tag in WY...

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/DRAW_MOOSE_PP_NONRES_2015.pdf

There was the random draw that gave 8 bull/any moose tags to NR's out of about 1590 applicants. :(

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/WGFD/media/content/PDF/Hunting/Drawing Odds/DRAW_MOOSE_RD_NONRES_2015.pdf

As noted - no way in the Preference round. My buddies Dad drew unit 26 in 2013 in the random draw - at the time it was a ~2% chance. Now, 2 years later, they are all way under that - as you can see in the 2nd link above.

WGFD's reports are some of the best out there.

I figured that was about the response id get....no offense taken :)

I knew how dire the situation was in WY 3 years ago....was just curious as to what's been going on there since I haven't checked in for a few years.

I heard talk about guys with minimal points pulling tags be used people were banking and not actually hunting in shit units..didnt make sense and didn't think that was true but it never hurts to ask.

And I'd totally be down for a cow tag...just looking to get out and hunt moose. I'm sitting pretty well off on all my other WY points and just hate seeing the max points number creep up every year...it feels like I'll never actually save enough to ever make it happen :) so if there was any way to burn em I'd definitely just do it.

Thanks for the help....and the laughs!

Riggs

Back