How do you handle

DRAFTSTUD

If you come across someone (a stranger) sitting on your bait site? Here in the east that is not uncommon if you are hunting on a WMA. Do you yell "better run the big SOB that put this bait site up is comming!" or how do you handle it? No beating of chests!!! :D

True, I did not know if with today's GPS tools, if the Wildlife Departments made you get a permit based upon Way points? Asking someone to leave a Deer Stand down here can turn pretty ugly and I have yet to see a Deer worth a bullet in someone's butt.

Crawl up the tree till you are right under him, start removing each tree step as you come down the tree until all steps are gone. Gather large pile of dried leaves, moss, sticks, and hopefully the tree you have is a bit pitchy. Start a fire, enjoy the show. Seems reasonable to me... :MAD
Or call a warden. Depending on the state there are different regulations. Mt is would be considered criminal trespass, Idaho has a game law against it and Saskatchewan does too. Happy hunting, Casey

There's a good idea there. I bet a guy could make a bunch of money with a fire alarm or a remote control radio that puts out some alarm and warning, if you made one for such a situation. If you walk up and find a stanger hunting your bait, you turn on the alarm, it yells out and scares everything away and laughs real loud. If the guy comes looking for your speaker, then take their picture, but have the warden or someone there with you, another good suggestion.

Go up and talk to the guy and let him know. Most hunters I have ran into have been pretty reasonable. But the second time would be totally different story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back