Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

How bout them Ling ???

IMG_6638.jpeg

I like how she just pitched her beer as soon the rod went down and took care of business.

I like how she just pitched her beer as soon the rod went down and took care of business.

Probably my beer. I could barely get a sip in last night. No sooner would one fish/rod be dealt with when another would bow to the water - a herd of kids sprinting and hollering either taking their turn or watching someone take theirs in the catch.

Far and away my favorite fishing

@Nameless Range I've caught them on accident through the ice in MN, but never fished for them. Looks like a heck of a stringer full! Congrats. I've heard that they are good to eat but always threw mine back.

Arguably not as good as walleye, but very similar meat. Light and flaky. It’s fantastic.

All these ling will be breaded and fried and consumed in fish tacos for the Griz game this afternoon.

Never been Ling lake fishing. But I do know a lot about Ocean fish. My entire family worked in a fish cannery. My dad filleted fish for 42 years. I basically grew up in the damn thing.

And here is what I know. God did not create a better white fish than Lingcod. Halibut- Nope, Cod- nope, bass- nope. I go to Alaska quite often fishing. All I want is ling.......................
I agree! They are probably my favorite as well.

I have found you need to eat them fresh. Frozen in water and eaten down the road I found weren’t very good. They are fun to catch on a rod. I find them a pain on tip ups as they inhale the bait and digest it before setting the fish off lol. I honestly don’t target them as I would rather eat pike or walleye but catch enough without trying

My buddy caught this one yesterday while fishing for perch on my boat. Was a pleasant surprise. Released to get bigger.
Don’t like that your on the boat I’m supposed to be ice fishing in a month not looking good

Gonna try tonight see how it goes. Got some minnows and sucker fillets if ling won’t play maybe a walleye will

Reactions: JCS
I don't know where you're at.
Here the moon is not quite right but close and it will not come up till 300 AM.
Ling hate the moonlight.

I don't know where you're at.
Here the moon is not quite right but close and it will not come up till 300 AM.
Ling hate the moonlight.
That’s interesting we where planning on start fishing around 10 tonight due to some family stuff

Plan on building a fire tonight weather is pretty warm so figured would give it a try

Back