L 16+
C1 - 6.75
C2 - 7.5
C3 - 4
C4 - 3.0
P - 4.0

Total 41.25
x2=82.5?

Just an FYI, I don't think Eli ever posts a photo of a pronghorn under 89-7/8". :) My official guess is 305 inches short of matching Crittergetters bull. :hump:

This one looks like all horn....looks a bit skinny in the body to me but is all horn. Wow! The answer I'm looking for is what do you think that buck will score Eli. I'm terrible at guessing proghorn but know you'd likely know.

I'd say on the whole the Hunt Talk community is getting better and better at field judging antelope.

I have him smaller than most of you, but I got to see him in person and see all the angles so I have a little bit of an advantage. His bottoms I think are a little deceiving in the side view photo I posted.

L - 18
P - 5

B - 6 6/8
1 - 7 1/8
2 - 4 4/8
3 - 2 7/8

Length - 23
Mass - 21 2/8

Score - 88 4/8

Originally we thought exactly like most of you - that he was going to be about 92 inches - but he eventually gathered up with some other bucks that we thought were around 82-84 and he didn't dwarf any of them. Generally a 92-incher will make everything else look tiny so we had to downgrade his score some. He's still a monster any way you look at it! Unfortunately (fortunately??), we have one a lot a bigger to go after so we won't be trying for this buck this year. Maybe he'll live another year and become a World's Record??!!

I think fin is close maybe a little short on the prongs which would make him in the 93-94 range, I think his mass is a little deceptive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back