Holy Cow! New Mexico Results out today?!!!

Holy Cow! Not trying to rub it in but my first choice Elk and Antelope tags were drawn, I think I just messed myself!!!!

Congrats to my buddy J Graham! I look forward to packing out that sheep with you buddy.

Another friend drew Wheeler Peak Bighorn Ram. What an amazing year! I love the NM system, for better or worse, everyone is equal.

You wouldn't know it from glancing at the red, but I had a GREAT tag year. Valle Vidal bull w/ muzzleloader! (and a skunk pig tag which is basically OTC)

Draw.png

I drew the late December 5B tag for elk, has anyone hunted up that way during December and can tell me about the weather that time of year?

Got a Antelope tag for unit 47 at a ranch right next Kiowa national grasslands. I am beyond excited, it's my first Antelope tag after 5 years of trying.

Congrats!! Antelope odds are soooo low to draw (at least for a resident) that you still had some good luck. I recall the odds are somewhere around 1 out of 20, depending on which hunt, so you're more likely to draw off-range oryx here!

Nothing but red for myself. The wife drew Valles Caldera Muzzle loader and a rifle Antelope hunt. Hopefully she lets me tag along LOL.

Is it just me? I only got 65 dollars returned to my account but the game and fish shows the full 760 refund. It was my first time applying so I don't know if that normal.

Is it just me? I only got 65 dollars returned to my account but the game and fish shows the full 760 refund. It was my first time applying so I don't know if that normal.

For me, the 65 (license fee) refund hit yesterday and the rest hit today

Bobbydean, I did have a strategy to it. New Mexico has a special oryx draw for returning combat veterans with about 25% draw odds, that's how I got that tag. The ibex was a little harder but the archery tags still have a decent draw odd.

dwatling,

you earned that orxy tag. Ibex archery would be a blast; can you hit anything at 300 yards? Watch out for snakes on the rock pile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back