Hey That Was Fun (Pics)

Big Sky

I have never fished in the fall before. I've always been too busy hunting to mess with it. However this year I tagged out early and didn't know what to do with myself so I thought I'd give the creek that runs near my house a try. It was crazy good fishing. Almost rediculous for easy, but it was fun. Took my youngest son along in the morning and let him reel in a few. It was a good day. Here's a few pics.

My youngest with his first catch of the day.
HunterFish1Nov3.jpg

A nice rainbow in the morning always brightens one's day.
rainbow2Nov3.jpg

My ugly mug, but hey, I'm having a really good time. :D
TroyRainbow1Nov3.jpg

A couple nice browns ended the day. All in all I think I caught over 20 fish in about 3 hours. Missed probably half that many and had a nice relaxing day.

BrownTrout3Nov3.jpg

Last fish of the day. He was nice one at 17" long.
BrownTrout5Nov3.jpg

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Montana!

The problem with fall months in Montana - do I hunt or fish, hunt or fish. If so, what of the many opportunities do I take. October should be 180 days long in the Northern Rockies.

Looks fun, you were using probably my favorite color Panther Martin.

Looks fun, you were using probably my favorite color Panther Martin.

You have to love those yellow with red dots Panther Martins. Starting using them 30 years ago on the Yellowstone and they are still my go to lure when I'm stuck in the back of the drift boat.

The problem with fall months in Montana - do I hunt or fish, hunt or fish. If so, what of the many opportunities do I take. October should be 180 days long in the Northern Rockies.
Only 180 Randy???
Looks like a fun time.

Heck yeh thats fun - a quick trip to wet a line with your kid and catching nice nice fish! Priceless baby.

Cool photos & great fish! I'm almost too jealous for words, you have a creek with trout right by your house??? If I live long enough to ever retire you guys in Montana are going to get another one of those 'dang out-of-staters' moving in.;)

I actually skipped a few days of hunting during the week recently to go fishing with my buddy and forgot how much fun fishing during the fall is!! I tagged out on my deer so I think I may do a bit more fishing and try and catch my first brown on the fly rod.

I had so much fun fishing I think I will have to make sure I do it a little more often in the fall. It was unbelievably good.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back