Here's a thought-provoking article... Hunting While Black

And there are plenty who are. Notice how the nightlife in Montgomery self segregates?

Or how it is nothing to people to throw around ‘nigger’ in a conversation down there? And that’s a very nice example.

This wasn’t exclusive to the rural areas I was hunting in but right in town in Montgomery too. The things I hear people say in those two weeks were unbelievable. And that’s including from a faculty member of Auburn University and a Dentist, so not just a bunch of backwards hicks living on the plantation.

There might be some racist people in Montana. In fact, I know there’s some hiding out in the Yaak by the ID border.

You would NEVER hear people here in an open conversation in a large group of people that included strangers remind you that niggers are a second class of people. If you came to hunt with them, you would never see any Montanans that I know check out your Facebook and then ask you in front of 20 people why you have pictures with a black girl.

I apologize for name calling, I guess I shouldn't have posted an emotional response.

You had a bad experience here, but obviously everyone or even most people here are not racist. As for the things you listed: I've never been out in Montgomery at night. It truly is a dangerous city; it's the only place I've ever been involved in an attempted car-jacking. The city kind of self segregates and I will admit it is sad to see. However I don't hear those things you talk about happening where I live or have people policing other peoples facebook to see who they are hanging with. I just hate to see your perceptions of our whole state so different from what I see everyday living here.

Either way: I probably won't change your mind and I didn't get on this site to argue, so I'll just say good day and happy hunting. Sorry to the OP about derailing the thread but it looks like it got back on the tracks all on it's own.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildfan99
Back